PJCRAFTSWORLD
Registered Buyer

Final Show of Season

Living in Florida and doing out doors shows we have a shortened Spring Show Season and we did our final show of the season yesterday.

It was a very strange season. While we did OK as each show making not losing money it was not near as good as last year. Many more lookers than buyers. What really get to me are the people who walk down the center of the aisle and seem to be afraid to get to close to any booth. They seem to be just our strolling because there is nothing else to do.

I'm pretty convinced that in no small part our season was less than spectacular due to the upcoming election. I think people are afraid what the change in administration will bring and therefore aren't buying like they have the last couple of year.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Final Show of Season

We're watching the election from Canada, and for sure, it looks pretty scary! Nothing's definite until election day. Hopefully, it will all work out the best for the country!
0 Likes

And here I thought that was only happening in my area here in California...

The same thing has been happening over here. Lots of looking, not so many buyers has been the trend of all of this years shows over here too. Wouldn't have thought of pinning it on the upcoming election, but it's a possibility.
0 Likes

Pat, what shows were the best for you in Florida? I am thinking of doing one or two, but it is a long way for me.
0 Likes
PJCRAFTSWORLD
Registered Buyer

I do mostly local shows - church and community and not the big shows. I found out years ago the big shows are not for me. The booth fee is way to high. As for the better show this Spring it was Dixieland (a community show), St. Stephen's and Bay Life (both Church shows).

Come Fall one of our major shows is not doing one this year which is a big disappointment. Hubby called the organizer Friday and was told that the town council has decided to go in a different direction and will be having a "festival" in the Spring, 2017 with some craft booths. And they will be sponsored by one of the major industries in the area. After doing more investigation found out the "major industry" is dictating how and when the "festival" will be ran.

However, our other major shows in the Fall are Polk State Community College in October and Carols in the Park in December. Polk State is a one day show and Carols is a two day show. When then have several church and community shows where we do very well. Our Fall schedule is almost full except for the one that is being canceled.
0 Likes

I find that consumer spending does generally slow down during an election year. We all, psychologically, feel uncertain about the future and hold on to our money.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.