Display Help

Hi Guys! Craft fair season is coming up and along with my regular items that I sell I have some new ones I will be adding to the bunch. My problem is, I have no idea how to display them! I just started making and selling hair bow holders which are hung on walls. How on earth do I display these at a show? Some are outdoor events, some are in. I'm coming up blank

Any help is appreciated =)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies
weekendjewelry1
Conversation Maker

Re: Display Help

Can you make some vertical display space? Take something lightweight - foam-core, even - in 2'x4' sheets. Hinge several of them together to make a "W" or even longer unit that you can mount on top of a table. You'd need to find a way to make it sturdy - a wooden frame on part of the back, or something it can lean against..... but that ought to be do-able.

It could hold lots of your hair bow holders, even just using pushpins. Or add lightweight screw hooks at intervals or something.

Well, this is maybe the start of an idea, I hope!
0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

A louvred shutter would work great, or even a pair hinged together, that you could leave the display on, and fold when packing up. You could stand it on the table and open it like a book for display.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
0 Likes

Okay this is going to sound weird, But once I needed the same thing and not wanting to put much money into it I had to be creative. I took metal racks from inside a fridge, spray painted them with Krylon and then I would zip tie together in the book fashion and stand on my table. They had enough weight to stand even in the wind at outdoor shows because they were not solid so the wind went through them.
0 Likes

I bought some cheap wire closet shelves, zip tied them together and used it as a free standing display. I weighed it down with some pieces of board and covered bricks.
0 Likes

My first thought was grid walls if you need something sturdy. They come in different heights and they even have some smaller counter top display options.
0 Likes

I have one of these systems with 5 foot grid and hooks

https://www.specialtystoreservices.com/productchild.aspx?productid=67369&group=2332&img=2332.jpg

I use it to hang my scarves.
0 Likes

How about IKEA clothes rack (for example this one >>)
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50231630/

I don't think it is meant to be setup/break down multiple times, but it works (I use this to hang my i spy mat & sensory mat).

Adding an S-hook or this scarf organizer like this > would be good, too.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60387211/
0 Likes

The hair bow holders, right? Why not hang them from your canopy with mono-filimant, kind of like hanging dream-catchers? Then display some of your bows on one as a demo piece?

People tend to touch things that are hanging.
0 Likes

I am worried about my display being too small for the more expensive fairs. I only have one table and nothing else. Many vendors have displays / space like a full store. I am not sure I can compete with that.
0 Likes

Spaces are different sizes at different shows. I have a 6' table, a 5' table and 2 4' tables so I can adjust my display to fit the space. They all fold in half so I can fit them in my vehicle.
0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Michele H. I bought a few gridwall every year, and worked my way up to the big shows! I use 3 6 foot tables, and 3 4 foot tables, but again, I bought a couple at a time! Now I can do a 15 x 8 foot booth with no problem, but I didn't have all of that overnight! Gradually work your way up to that, if you want to think about the bigger shows. It IS expensive, especially for indoors, where you need good lighting as well.
0 Likes

Not everyone is a thrift store shopper but it has worked for me over the years. Like Carol said, you buy a little at a time. I have been fortunate enough to score a couple of 4' tables that aren't as deep as the traditional ones and they were $4 each. If you plan on doing outdoor shows, I encourage you to spend the money on a good 10'X10' tent, like an EZup. I personally like the white canopy rather than the blue. Whatever path you choose for displays, make sure your vehicle can accomodate displays and merchandise. Many show crafters end up with trailers.
0 Likes

Michele - what is the size of your one table? Is it a card table or a 6 or 8 foot long table? How do you display your jewelry? Do you have grid racks or ??

With jewelry, I would recommend investing in cases to display your jewelry so it doesn't walk off. The size of the cases will "bulk up" your booth.

When my inventory is low, I've learned to put my tables / display in the front half of the booth; then I'm only trying to fill a 5x10 space and it still looks reasonably full. But my stuff is larger than jewelry, so that may help create the "full" look.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.