Former_Member
Not applicable

Craft shows

Hi I am new to this team and wanted to say hello!!!...HI...So my question/observation has to do with the challenge of finding good and reasonably priced craft shows to participate in. The bigger shows that charge $500-600 for a weekend are out of the question. And the small craft/vendor fairs are just bombs for my items... I guess my question is how do you find the craft shows that you participate in???..I live in northern New Jersey...Thanks
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Craft shows

Welcome! It is very hard to find good venues, but perhaps there is a New Jersey Etsy Street Team you could join? I have gotten some good show leads from my local street team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My other frustration is because about 1/3 of what i make is jewelry many shows turn me down for selling jewelry but will accept my mosaics and painted items into a show...The jewelry is a bread and butter for me and can make or break a show...promoters have their quotas on categories and i understand this but is a problem for me as pretty diverse in my creative life
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I find the smaller shows are easier to have a more diverse product line. Perhaps bring the jewelry to the smaller shows and your other items to the larger ones.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've found that by going to the various shows as a buyer that its much easier to decide which shows that I want to apply for.

Some of the smaller shows can be extremely good especially if they are catering to YOUR target market.

Are you a member of the local artisan guild? Many times other artists will share upcoming shows as well.
0 Likes
RomaMiaTradingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Hey Debi!

I know of this website, http://njvendors.com/. This might help you out in your search. I use the PA equivalent and it's helped me out a lot.

I know a lot of craft fairs I attend are usually inundated with jewelry, so if your applied to juried shows and you keep getting turned down, try applying to them earlier? That might help with you getting in to them.

I also noticed on your store that you do have both your jewelry and your mosaics. Maybe if you bring business cards with you to the show that you'll be selling other things besides your jewelry and hand your cards out, people might stop by your store and see what other things you have. Tell them that you have a better variety on there, including jewelry. That way it won't be a complete loss. Just an idea. :)
0 Likes

The way I started finding shows was to ask at a show. Most people are willing to share where their next show will be. The good thing is that once you start doing shows then you are associating with many vendors that can share info.

My best, most profitable shows were at my moms' small country church!
0 Likes

Just a little reference for your application. The best thing to do is to submit your application as soon as they are accepting the. They pick the jewelry first to fill those spots. they also limit that 2 -3 vendors only. So you need to get yours in right away with pictures.

Try www.festival.net you do have to paid for this but it is a very good place to find great shows.
0 Likes

Our local street team has a thread for local shows and events, we share venues with each other and give reviews if asked about how those shows went sales-wise.
0 Likes

I use this website. You don't need to subscribe to be able to see some of the info.
http://www.artscraftsshowbusiness.com
0 Likes

I also live in NJ (central)
If you email me, I will send you a list of past shows we've done. OutoftheWoods-USA@comcast.net

Also...
https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/13750005/page/2
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Bruce i will email you...Very kind of you to offer TY...And everyone else thank you for your input has been very helpful and have 2 more applications sitting on my desk tonight because of your suggestions...TY...Debi
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.