Newbie to Etsy

I have only recently started actively using Etsy having defected from Ebay. I'm not getting the traffic or sales I thought I would. What am I doing wrong. Does it just take time to become established or is it purely recession based. Any tips gratefully received.

With thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Newbie to Etsy

Are you doing much marketing outside of Etsy? It's more like a "real" business here than eBay, you really need to promote your shop. I use FB ads to help drive traffic, as well as constantly look for places to post links to my shop. I have a FB and twitter set up and offer exclusive coupon codes there to my customers. Part of it is time, too, it takes a while to build up business and get a good customer base. Maybe look at other sellers here who sell similar things and note how they're using their titles and tags?
0 Likes

Re: Newbie to Etsy

I'm just getting started too, and I don't have much in my shop yet, so I'm not aggressively promoting my shop yet. But I've been doing a lot of research, and it seems to me that most folks use FB and Twitter to promote their shops, along with their own blog/website. You might try making a Pinterest board for your shop too. There's this great book that just got published called Etsy 101; the ebook on Amazon is like $3, and it's been a really great resource for me.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.