Selling single mugs

Do you have better luck seller individual mugs or mug sets? I love selling them in a set, but they move slowly.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Selling single mugs

id lovesome feedback pottery folks!
0 Likes

I have tried selling as sets but found they sell much better individually. I will list 4 items available sell one and then someone else will be looking for a set of 4. Can't win.
0 Likes
Elenware
Inspiration Seeker

Good question. I haven't tried selling sets of anything yet. Would be curious to get more feedback.
0 Likes

I occasionally have a pair priced as a set, but usually sell single mugs. I do like to photograph them in pairs though. When people want a set of 2 or 4 ....or whatever - there's nothing stopping them from buying multiples, but if you have them priced individually, they are more likely to sell. I find a lot of people who use handmade pottery like to have a selection from different artists, more like a collection that they use instead of a matchy-matchy set.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Not sure on etsy. I always make a few of each mug that way if people want to buy sets at shows they can. You could always list a made to order listing for a set of mugs and see how it goes!
0 Likes

Same answer from the other pottery board Kim, but... I hope it doesn't violate any Etsy listing policies, but I usually list them together, use the Other option in sizing/color variation to specify single mug pricing, and then have a little discount for the pair.
0 Likes

I definitely sell single items better so I list single items as much as possible. Sometimes people don't even want the matching saucer! Place settings containing a mug can be priced as a single item, however, and they will sell though slowly. I think price points plays a role as well. People shop for bargains allot. But after all if someone wants a matched set they can always do a custom order.
0 Likes

definately single mugs, and usps.com has great free boxes that they deliver to you, 7x7x6
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.