I hope everyone is doing well, it seems no=one comes here anymore, sad.  Wishing everyone happiness, success and health.  Carry on and be surprised what will come your way....................

Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Re: Sad.......no-one comes here anymore

@philosophiacreations hello good to hear from you, yes life gets in the way all the time and time flying by too fast. Hope everything is going well for you.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

@Artbesico I know what you mean. It's been sort of a strange few weeks over here, but overall they were positive ones. Wish I could share some pictures of the kitties as their friendship continues to evolve; they're still actively getting used to one another and it's still a joy to watch. That + nature walks have been a major grounding influence for me during otherwise busy & hectic times.
When we last had to introduce two cats, they were best friends within a week of that face to face introduction... we knew it was lucky and unusual, but this time around, we're really reaffirming just how lucky that was. :P

I hope all is well for you as well.  (:

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@philosophiacreations I've been watching some video clips of cute puppies and kittens on Instagram, they are SO adorable. 

0 Likes

I could be wrong. I often am ... lol. But I think people are generally busy just now trying to keep their businesses afloat, investigating choices and alternatives, standalone sites - that sort of thing. I know it’s kept me from accepting the kind offer to join for awhile. I think there’s a lot of unhappiness and people aren’t feeling too buoyed at present.

Theres also a lot of in depth discussion elsewhere about recent developments and the future here. It touches everyone so I guess those types of discussions and threads, teams perhaps, are a big drawcard. Sellers are trying to stay abreast of an ever and quickly changing Etsy.

Not meaning to be negative. It’s  just a thought. Perhaps it will all pick up, especially if we can attract a hat full of new teamsters :-)

Bye for now,

Melina.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@ClubEsquire Your insights are probably correct, it's like a dark cloud hanging over our heads here. I read that some sellers are still doing well but at the same time a lot of us are drowning. Currently I have over 300 expired listings. With under 10 views a day, it puts me off renewing. It feels like we are on a path to a dead end. I'm keeping my head down and keep working on it though, giving up is not an option. 

1 Like

It’s a glorious, warm and sunny day here in Brisbane today. Very dusty though because we need rain. Nonetheless it’s one of those days where everything feels right in the world :-)

Its not like that of course and one of the annoyances that pop into my head is Etsy. I’ve dedicated today, if I can drag myself back inside, to investigating Bluehost and Bravehost as possible standalone options. Who knows Artb, but like you giving up is not an option here either.

I don’t have a crystal ball but feel that Etsy has hammered some fairly big nails in their coffin recently. I think the same will continue. I’m confident of finding the way forward despite all the hurdles I see.

I wish you well too Artb, everyone for that matter.

Bye for now,

Melina.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Good morning @ClubEsquire weather sounds lovely where you are =]  Another gloomy day here today, it's September afterall, Summer is gone and it's starting to feel like Autumn. 

I've been thinking about a standalone website but at the moment I just can't afford it, that has to wait. It does look pretty grim on here, under 10 views a day is normal now, nothing exciting. I'll just keep my head down and work harder.

Have a good day =]

0 Likes

@Artbesico Hi Art.....I jusr popped in to see how everyone is doing.  I am on a new site that seems promising,,,,,it's new, not big, but affordable with real tech support....they actually respond to your questions within minutes and address whatever the issue it.  Not sure how it will pan out, but worth a couple months of my time.

On another note, the bears here have been very active as they start to fatten for the winter......four different bears in 2 days, so we know that winter is very close.  I hope that everyone is healthy, happy and enjoying.  Keep the chat going, it keeps us sane.  Have a fine night..............

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Hi hi @ngeorgiou thanks for checking in, good to see you =]

Which site is it that you are trying out? 

Weather is starting to change here too, less sunshine days and air is cooling down in the evening. 

I've finally got Christmas listings out, I'm pretty early this year as compared to the past years. 

1 Like

I'd also love to know which site it is. Etsy alternatives are something I'm actively starting to look into once again.

That's interesting about the bear sightings. Just today, it was 0 C in the early morning... that's pretty eye opening as well.

0 Likes

The only bears we have downunder are Drop Bears. Deadly, ferocious things. They take your head clean off in one bite.

And as you good folk get ready for your winter we here in sub tropical Brisbane are readying ourselves for a very long, hot humid and stormy summer. The first bad storm was only a couple of nights back. Way too early in the season for comfort. Cyclones are predicted and for once I think I’ll agree with the forecasters. Cyclones terrify the dickens out of me. I become immobile and mute. Terrible unpredictable things.

ngiorgiou, we too are always looking, so we’d be appreciative a bit of a heads up too, if you don’t mind. Imagine tech support responding within minutes. Wow! There’s so many sellers exploring options at the moment, like never before.

I hope you are all healthy and happy.

Bye for now,

Melina.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

It's been raining here past 2 days too, heavy shower yesterday and this morning. It cleared the air a little bit, rain has stopped now but the sky is till looking very gloomy grey.

0 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

I've dropped by to see how everyone is, and to enjoy some friendly folks instead of...somebody on "the big forums" who just informed me that my suggestion "isn't terribly helpful." Jeesh...I made a mistake but I was only trying to help with what I thought was correct. 

I've been feeling ill for the past day and a half - flat inspection coming up, and I get anxiety and am easily stressed. These building managers are always here. I wish I could move but I can't. Does anyone have a van I can buy and just go live down by the river, lol?

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@BreezeOnTheLake Don't let them upset you too much, some people are quite hostile over there, in the main forum. Scrolling through the thread titles, I can't help to wonder if there are any buyers going on the forum anymore, there are basically nothing much or anything interesting going on there. 

I hope your flat inspection gets done and over with soon and they won't do it too often. 

1 Like

I’m really sorry that’s happened Breeze. People want and need ‘freedom of expression’ and it’s important that it exists (sic) but for some people it only extends to and encapsulates ‘their own’ iterations, expressions, ideas etc.

Don’t feel down and remember, your words are just as important and valid as anyone else’s. They may just have meant nothing to that one person (poor him/her), but no skin off your nose because there will be others who took something from what you had to say.

Tell him/her to have a Bex powder and cup of tea and lie down for a bit ... lol.

Take care. Try and laugh a bit. I wish you well.

Bye for now,

Melina.

1 Like
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@Artbesico  @ClubEsquire  Thanks Art, and Melina, I really appreciate your friendly support. It means a lot! 

I'm feeling  ill over the apartment inspection. My stomach is constantly churning with adrenaline and I can't eat; I'm not good with this stuff. 

0 Likes

@BreezeOnTheLake   Me again......being in the United States, I do not understand what a flat inspection is?  Is that not something the landlord or owner takes care of, or are you the owner.  Sorry to be silly, but I have never heard of this.............all the best.

0 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@ngeorgiou  Hi Nina; a flat inspection is an apartment inspection done by the landlord or managers of the property, when, if you're in a rented apartment (we call them "flats" in the UK), the manager or landlord or their staff come into the apartment to check everything, make sure everything's working. The letter has such intrusive language though including "We want to check inside all fitted cupboards and wardrobes" and "check for cleanliness and hygiene" - which makes me feel like jeesh if I haven't cleaned my bathroom sink lately I'm going to get judged for it. :(

It's something they do over here in the UK when you rent. I used to live in the US, lived in six different apartments there and they never did this stuff there. They just relied on the tenant to call for maintenance if anything broke, and to leave the place in good order when moving out. But over here they are more micro-managing......it feels intrusive and like it's really not your home. I know it's their property and not mine, but it just feels "ugh."

0 Likes

@BreezeOnTheLake  The letter sounds so intrusive and rather demeaning which isn't okay.  I hope they are in and out quickly. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.  I'm trying to imagine receiving a letter like that and I just can't. I think I'd have an unwelcomed response to it.  I doubt they meant to be so rude.  Obviously they lack basic communication skills.  Just remember, this is your home!  They can inspect it as they own the building but that's all.  You have done nothing wrong so there won't be an issue.  If they are so petty as to judge a lived in home, it does not matter.  You are not there to please them or make them comfortable as people like this would never be in your circle of friendships. I always feel a little sad for people like this.  They miss out on so much joy.  Please don't let them effect how you live and feel.  Hugs.

1 Like
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@NancyQstudio  Thanks for being so supportive NancyQ, I really appreciate it. Yes, my landlords are so micro-managing; it's horrible to be checked up on and even your cupboards and closet! This is the worst side of being a renter. I dream of just being able to be left alone to live my life. Which reminds me, forgot to play the lottery today, lol!! ;) 

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Letting agency likes to carry out the regular inspection service because they can then charge the landlord/owner a regular service charge. Mine is coming up soon too, they have done the last one early and the next one is overdue which I don't mind at all. I hate it too, fortunately so far I only had 2 done, at two different places and both were not pleasant. I wouldn't let them come in by themselves so I had to take time off work. These people need to learn to keep their mouth shut and keep their opinions to themselves. They have the right to inspect but we shouldn't have to listen to their personal opinions, they make people feel like being judged and privacy being invaded. 

1 Like

@BreezeOnTheLake  Try and ignore the meanies in the forums.....they are a big reason I left.  Anyway, I would love to help you down by the river, however I am not sure how I could get my little car across the pond......hang in there, there are those of us who care, hope you feel better soon................from a friendy voice/

2 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@ngeorgiou 

Aw thanks, Nina! Hugs to you! (())

0 Likes

I'll echo this. Hope you're feeling better quickly, @BreezeOnTheLake , and best of luck with that inspection as well.

1 Like
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@philosophiacreations  Thanks so much for that! Hugs to all of you guys. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.