Decision has finally been made....

Hi,I have gone back and forth here on Etsy....shop open, shop closed, blah, blah ,blah.  Well, I have finally decided to close  my shop after I pay my $1.40 bill to Etsy on the 1st.   I have not been able to make it work for me, tired of trying this hard and with all the new changes that are apparent, I have no more patience or willingness to do this anymore.......creativity has been non-existent for awhile and I need it back.  Going to do more shows, maybe find a store or two, but even with all my effort, Etsy is not for me.  There are people I will miss and wish all you of success.....See Ya!!!!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
17 Replies

Re: Decision has finally been made....

Good luck and best wishes to you. Etsy is a lot of work. I hope you can find better avenues for your items. I gave up doing shows but I enjoyed doing them when I did them.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Sorry to see you go, hope your shows go well, best of luck for your new adventures.

I'm also letting my listings expire for now, it's no point keep putting money in this when nothing seems to be happening.

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow it’s not just me. I was feel guilty to close my shop. At the least now I know I am not alone in that situation. All the best

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Nina- so sorry you are leaving. Have always enjoyed and appreciated your comments and postsI 

I wish you all the best with other venues. Please stop by and say hello to us and let us know how you are doing!

0 Likes

@Lionfishvintage   hi there, I am sorry to go also, but the honest truth is, I have been feeling happier since I made this decision final.....no more headache from banging my head against the wall....LOL.  I tried and tried, and have been "weaning" myself off Etsy for a couple of months because I will be sad to lose this....but the other wall has writing on it and it is not in a language I understand!!!!  I will miss a lot of you also, continued success to all of you who can perservere.

1 Like

Please check in with us once in awhile and let us know how you are doing.

1 Like
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

I'll be sorry to see you go, Nina! But I can totally understand the relief of no longer needing to struggle with Etsy - it does indeed feel like banging one's head against a wall. Etsy's constant changes and SEO refinement demands make me feel like that too. I haven't closed my shop yet, but I've let all my items expire except for one, and I'm still debating on whether or not to bring the rest back or just keep a presence here but put all my items "elsewhere."

I wish you every success with your other outlets to sell, and I hope you still post here and come and hang out with us!

0 Likes

@BreezeOnTheLake Thanks Breeze....I have closed and frankly I am quite happy about it....there are other things to do than just Etsy and I am off and running.  Enjoy your day and whatever decision you make.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I think I can understand this, it's quite stressful seeing that there is so little traffic, views, favourites, sales have all gone down, so quiet. I can imagine how good it would make us feel just freeing ourselves from here. It doesn't seem to work anymore. 

0 Likes

@Artbesico Hi.....it was too stressful and now it is off my radar. Of course, filling my time with something else will take a bit, but I have changed course more than once in my life, what is one more time?  I hope that things are going well for you and you are having a nice day.......this team is rather small isn't it?  

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I'm still trying but feel a bit like drowning. 

This team is very small yes, not working either unfortunately,

0 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@Artbesico 

Aw, art, I really like this team! Don't worry about it being small, that's actually one of the appealing things about it - it feels more intimate than the larger teams where in such a big group it's easy to feel lost in the mix. I'm glad we have this small team!

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

aww thanks @BreezeOnTheLake =]  so very kind, thank you ^^

0 Likes

@ngeorgiou  Awww, I know you do well in art shows and that's where your success lies.  But, I'm sorry to see you go.  You are such a breath of fresh air every time you post.  You will be missed as it's getting harder to establish connections here.  I recently let go of some unproductive accounts which was one of the best things I've done.  Not only does this allow for more time to be spent on profitable ones but it has relieved stress and allowed for more personal time.  So I completely understand where you are coming from.  I wish you the very best and hope to hear from you about your ventures and shows periodically.  It's been a pleasure chatting with you Nina!  

0 Likes

@NancyQstudio   hi Nancy.....it has been a pleasure for me also.....I will miss so many people,  and you are right, making connections is not what it used to be.  However, I am happy to hear that you are finding a better balance that makes you happier.  I am a little lost right now, but spending my time, guilt free, in the garden has been great.  I am SOOOO looking forward to the first big show this year and I will update you, good or bad,because I am too honest not to....LOL.  Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

you can always post things on ebay if you feel like selling a few things online here and there without the hassle of a store too. and the listings is free so if it doesnt sell you lose nothing.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow it’s not just me. I was feel guilty to close my shop. At the least now I know I am not alone in that situation. All the best

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.