Christmas lights are already up!!!

It gets dark so early these days I have already put up some Christmas lights to dispel some of the doom.....anyone else?  Hope everyone is doing well, you are happy and healthy and find that bright light that appears everyday.......may be hard to find at times, but it is there.  Wishing everyone a wonderful night with a smile on your face............

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
10 Replies
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Re: Christmas lights are already up!!!

@ngeorgiou Great to see you =]  I've just seen a house with Christmas lights up the other day. It gets dark early now and the darkness in Winter is different, it's pitch dark, deep and intense. 

Hope you are well too, it's been very quiet on here, in general, forums and traffic/views wise. This year has been going downhill.

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Hi everyone.
Well.. kindof. I kept my twinkle lights up out on the front but after last Christmas instead of taking them down, i mushed them all up in a ball and that's my porch light. I leave them on all night and it's cheaper than leaving the actual , real porch light on. It's very dark here at night too and I have to have something on outside. Otherwise it's too scary!! ha ha

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I like those icicle lights, so pretty, some are like snowing =]

0 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Around my parts, many put up Christmas lights as soon as Halloween ends.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

It gets earlier and earlier doesn't it, Christmas jumpers were out in display after Halloween.

0 Likes

I usually start thinking about Christmas after Remembrance Day + my birthday (mid-November) have passed. This year, though, we waited until December 1st... But just this most recent weekend, we put up our tree and we're puttering away at decorating a bit each day.

We still have exterior lights + decor to do as well, but it gets dark so early and we're just generally low on free time. Hoping to get that done this weekend, though.

It's our first Christmas with our new rescue cat, and it's been fun to see her react to the tree. She's taken some cautious nips at it (which we discourage) and otherwise seems more afraid of it, though. Our other cat is fascinated by it, as per usual, but we haven't caught her napping in there yet fortunately (she literally climbs the tree and settles in there to sleep sometimes). We're planning to spoil both kitties this year.

Hope everyone here is doing well, by the way! (:

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Cat climbs up the tree and sleep in there? 

Kitties get Christmas pressies =]

1 Like

Our older one in particular has always loved tree-naps. It's hysterical but also quite destructive at times, so we only put non-breakable ornaments on the tree, with any heirloom ornaments safely placed at the top. I'll have to try and get photos of it at some point this Holiday season -- it's inevitable that it'll happen anyway, I just need to have my camera on standby -- and I'll have to post some on my Instagram. Too cute to not share. (:

They do get presents (: We have a lot of fun with it, and each kitty has a stocking. Our older kitty will purr up a storm when we show her a wrapped gift; it's as if she knows it's for her.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Does she sleep up in the tree outside? 

Kitties have their own Christmas stockings =D  Purr up a storm ^^ aww so sweet

1 Like

Sorry I'm just seeing this now! She sleeps in our indoor Christmas tree. Climbs up and just settles for a nap in there.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.