Former_Member
Not applicable

holiday craft shows in bend

hey guys! i'm hoping to participate in some craft shows this holiday season but i have no clue where to find info on how to get involved. i figured that if anyone knew it would be this group!!!!
thanx
--aileen
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
23 Replies
CardNotions
Inspiration Seeker

Re: holiday craft shows in bend

Hi Aileen,
There are lots, but many fill up quickly. Central Oregon Saturday Market has a holiday market on November 10 at the Kenwood School. Bend senior center holiday craft and gift bazaar is Nov 17. Snowflake Boutique is Nov 2-3. I hope other team members will add to the list. Best of luck to you!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Does anyone have experience with the Holiday Pop-Up Shop? C3 events is organizing it, and it looks like this is only their 2nd year. I was a bit surprised at the prices. They are asking $280 for a 10x10 space and $380 for a 10x15 space. These prices are $100+ over all their other events, including spring, summer and fall festival. Just not sure it will be worth those prices but curious if any local folks have first hand experience.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We will be doing the Holiday Village outdoor market in Redmond. It runs two weekends in a row...did it last year and it was a lot of fun :) Contact the Redmond Chamber of Commerce for details :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

A friend of mine did the pop-up show last year and was disappointed. There is also the Local and Lovin' it show on Nov 3rd at the Riverhouse Convention Center.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm a bit late notifying the group about this one that I do annually. It is a juried show and sale of handmade goods held at Sunriver for one-and-a-half days following Thanksgiving. Attendance confirmation and payment have already been confirmed for 2012, but you can keep the info, or ask to be informed with details for 2013. Contact Jayne at 541-393-4405.
You could call and ask her to send you details for 2013, including application, fees and jury deadlines, etc. Jayne is a wonderful lady to work with, and I always look forward to going. Hope for good driving conditions. Weather has usually been good during the four or five years I have attended.
Good luck.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I might be a little late to this conversation, but does anyone know of shows that I could join for December?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I just joined and wanted to second the recommendation for Sunriver's show. I did it two years ago and did well. It was a little too much work for me with no help in my booth, but that might have been because of the snowy drive to and from Bend both days. The weather in Sunriver was fine.
0 Likes
TheTangledPath
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I've signed up for the Craft-O at the Workhouse, over by Sparrow Bakery in Bend. It's Saturday, December 15th from 10AM - 6PM. The prices for a 6'x6' booth are $60-$80 I think, depending upon when you sign up. They also had a 6'x12' option. I registered onsite, and they ask that you submit product photos with the application. This is their second show (my first ever!) so I have no idea what to expect. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Natalie,

Have you heard anything back about Craft-O? I submitted my application and fee and was told I'd be receiving an email this week with details, but as of yet, I haven't heard a thing. I've emailed two different people about it as well. Would love to know if you've heard anything!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We are planning to do the Brookswood Farmers Market block party in September, the Sisters Harvest Faire in October, Wendy's Wish and Sunriver Traditions in November :) If anyone needs information on any of these drop us a note and we can get you the information :)
0 Likes
CardNotions
Inspiration Seeker

This is the time of year to send in applications for the Holiday shows. The Snowflake Boutique at the Deschutes County Fair and Expo Center in Redmond will be Nov. 1-2, 2013. Wendy's Wish is at St. Charles Medical Center at the same time. They are both consignment so you don't need to be there to sell. I also do the Senior Center Christmas Bazaar, which is Nov. 16. The Reed Market street project is supposed to wrap up before then.
0 Likes

Snowflake Boutique (38th year) at the fairgrounds. For an application online contact tmlittlefield@aol.com. Tina can answer your questions. In-person jury is Saturday, the 17th in Redmond. Always my best sales of the year ! Please tell them Anita sent you. I get a little discount from my entry fee for the referral. I believe entry fee is only $50.00.

Bend Parks and Rec promote a well attended Bazaar at the senior center. Fast paced sales for me every year. Contact parks and Rec or the Bend senior center. Applications went out a few days ago, there's still time to get in.

Sunriver Resort Holiday Traditions Marketplace is one of my favorites, super easy set up in a lovely environment. Contact Jayne Bristow at jbristow@sunriver-resort.com for an application.

If anyone knows of more, please post info. We will all appreciate it. hope this is helpful. Anita MyEnchantedStudio.etsy.com

0 Likes

Oh, I forgot. You can google Holiday Bazaars/The Bulletin for a listing of just about all of them ( from last year ). Good luck!!
0 Likes
MsFoodie
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks Anita Google is our friend for sure :)
0 Likes

One of the things we'll want to do at the new quarterly Central Oregon Etsy Team meetings is develop a list of shows, festivals and opportunities for Etsians to participate in.
0 Likes
MsFoodie
Inspiration Seeker

yes including our very own next year :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

THE BEND BULLETIN IS A GOOD SOURCE OF INFORMATION...THEY USUALLY LIST ALL THE EVENTS. THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IS ANOTHER GOOD SOURCE
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The Peddlers Market in Tumalo is not a holiday craft show, but it is the last market of the year. Located in the parking lot of the Tumalo Feed Store Restaurant...it is a good traffic location just off Hiway 20 towards Sisters.

The date is Saturday Sept 14.....they charge $25.00 for a large booth
That week-end is the Sisters Fall Festival, so there should be great traffic

Call Robbie @541-306-8016
Never attended, but just happened to see an ad, and thought I would pass it on. They are looking for vendors of art, jewelry, vintage,, handmade, produce etc
0 Likes

Seems like there are quite a few craft shows this coming fall, just having a hard time deciding which one to pursue. I just opened my etsy account a couple of months ago and have yet to have a sale, so I am curious as to how I would do at a show. I knit and crochet scarves, boot cuffs, hats, vests, and working on skirts now. Any recommendations?
0 Likes
CardNotions
Inspiration Seeker

Sarah,
I started out doing the Bend Senior center and other smaller agility dog shows. The registration fees were low, sales were OK, but feedback was fantastic. You can think of it as market research. See how other knitters/crocheters are displaying and where they sell. Find out what customers think.

I find that craft shows are very different than etsy. With etsy you need to get found. You're doing a great job with outside promotions! I found you easily on wanelo and it took me to your etsy shop. Getting found within etsy is a little trickier. For example, if you type in any of your tag words in etsy search you'll get 20,000 hits. If you type in 'Black infinity scarf' you get less than 300 hits. (I love your scarf BTW) So I would suggest you use two or three word tags. Also have a look at some of the items that are on the first search page when you type in 'Black infinity scarf' and see what tag words they use. I usually make a couple of changes to a couple of items and see what happens, before changing everything. It's great that you joined some knit/crochet teams. You may be able to get more specific advice from those team members.

I wish you success!
0 Likes

I took a break from doing booth/tent shows for a while. This year I've done one outdoor show and the fee was $225.00. The Harvest Faire in Sisters Oct 12-13 is also $225.00. I think that one is filled up. Keep in mind some of the shows are juried shows so have about 5 photos ready to send to the venue.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

There is going to be a Natural Living Fair held on November 16th 2013 at the Shilo Inn (3105 OB Riley Road.). This is a one day indoor event to allow Central Oregon vendors to showcase their all-natural products and services to the general public.

Vendor space is limited to a total of thirteen 10x8 areas, and there are still spaces currently available. The cost is $35 if you bring your own table, or $45 for a space with an 8 foot table supplied. Table linens are provided in either case.

For more information, or to apply as a vendor, please contact Kristen Opliger at (nlco.info.ko@gmail.com).

This is not an Etsy specific event, and is open to any vendors that sell products or services that are all natural.

I can answer any general questions you may have.

-Glen
0 Likes

...also, there is one sponsored by Central Oregon Locavore. It is held at The Old Stone Church. Visit the store (Locavore) for info. It's on 1st Street just off Greenwood. (about a block behind Miller Lumber on Greenwood). Cool store in the interesting "Makers District").
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.