IzabozCandleCo
Inspiration Seeker

Hello everyone 😀

I’ve just set up my shop and for several days all I hear is crickets. Would it be something I’ve not done or done? Any advice? Thank you, izaboz csndle co

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply
DannyAndTheBees
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Hello everyone 😀

Just took a look at your shop.

Few suggestions - first, you should really look up Etsy SEO guidelines, plenty of articles in the seller handbook, as well as youtube videos to help you. Your titles on the listings are things like “This 9oz candle in a round tin is perfect” - it’s awkward and nobody is searching that, you know? You have to use every available character that’s permitted in your title line, so you could do something like “Scented soy candles | 9 oz candle | handmade candles | white tin candle” etc., the type of search terms that somebody might type in if they wanted to find a candle like yours. sentences like that won’t help you much. again, it’s important to fill your entire title line up with as many relevant things that you can think of to help it get seen. also make sure to use up all of your 13 tags.

second - the etsy SEO tips only help you get seen. now, to entice a customer to click your listing amongst all of the other hundreds of thumbnails of listings that they’re seeing while browsing - you want pictures that really stand out. i notice a lot of your pictures are taken indoors with artificial light — move it outside into some natural light. if you have an iphone, use portrait mode for that extra professional looking touch. then, touch up the photo just a bit by playing with the brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. - just a smidgen to give it a polished and enticing look. if you feel you aren’t too savvy with product photography, look up some youtube videos for tips, or post in a neighborhood facebook group and ask if anyone has photography experience and would be willing to take some product pictures for you in exchange for some free candles? if you have a friend that’s into photography, even better!

Your candles are very pretty and you would have great success if you simply utilize correct Etsy SEO & take professional looking pictures that stand out! You can do it!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.