Former_Member
Not applicable

Registering with other provinces?

Hi! I searched the threads to see if there was already one started for this but couldn't find any.

I'm located in Ontario and registered to sell here. I've contacted all the other provinces and territories to find out if I need to register or do anything to legally sell in their province (online only) and so far Saskatchewan said I have to register my name with them.

Have you all had to do that? Do people just ignore this and sell anyway?

Thanks,
Juli
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply
GlassyEyed
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Registering with other provinces?

I don't see why you would need to register in each province when you are selling online to the other provinces, you are not going to do a sale in that province. I know when I used to travel to do sales in other provinces sometimes the city would require me to get a visitor license to sell there and I also had to collect taxes and submit them for the province where I was selling. Not sure about Saskatchewan...I live here...I have a business license for Saskatoon, but I am not sure why you would have to submit your name. was there a fee? I know that anything I purchase from out of the province I am supposed to voluntarily pay pst on.

You might try calling Saskatchewan a second time if you are concerned. I find sometimes I get different answers depending on who answers the phone that day.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.