Former_Member
Hey, everyone! I thought this would be a good way to start off. I am a Spoonie. I have lupus and fibromyalgia. And Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I forget that one, it's a relatively new diagnosis. I'm happily married to a nearly perfect man, with two stepsons and two very spoiled little dogs. I'm also addicted to crafts.

I have been making earrings, mostly. I'm starting to work with fabrics and branching out with more kinds of awareness ribbons and spoons. I got an anvil for Christmas, so silverware, beware!

Hugs,
Hil
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Introductions, please ♥

Not sure if this thread is still active but I shall add why I am here anyways!

My name is Kirsty, I am a 22 year old student from the UK. After always considering myself very fit and healthy my health deteriorated rapidly last year and I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, P.OT.S, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. One of the first things I did after opening my shop last week was look for a group for chronic pain sufferers as it is always good to speak to people who understand!

Love to you all and good luck with your shops,

Kirsty
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, my name is Iris and I am a spoonie. I have osteoarthritis mostly in my fingers and they are the cause of my chronic pain and sensitivity. As you are all acquainted with, it's been so hard to transition to this painful life. I am thankful to have found this Team and much love and thanks for those who have shared their stories here.

I love crafting, drawing and finding vintage items that bring joy and have meaning to others. My hands don't allow me to craft and draw much but I can prowl the stores 😁. I opened my store in September selling vintage plush items. It has kept me busy as I continue to stock my store and learn more about selling on Etsy. Etsy is a wonderful community and I love that people are so open and helpful. Much success to everyone as we continue to push through. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I couldn't seem to find out if this thread is still active, I don't really understand Teams, I joined Etsy just before Christmas and I'm pretty happy with how it's going.
So, introductions... I'm Leanne I'm 24 and my main DXs are fibro, 2 anxiety disorders and migraines. We all know I have EDS but I have a dr who refuses to diagnose me.
How do you manage juggling spoonie life and Etsy life? Any tips and tricks I should know?
Sending spoons. 🥄🥄
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all,
I've never joined a team before, new at this selling stuff. I make cards and tags and also design cross stitch patterns. All available in my shop and I'm crafting with severe ME/CFS. I'm mid twenties grew up in east London but currently live in Guernsey temporarily.

This team looks a little quiet but thought it was a good place to start as I have no idea what I'm doing haha.

Jess
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jess,
I have no idea what I'm doing either 😂
X
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That's good to know! Haha. I've favourited your shop. I love the idea of book boxes. Wish I'd heard of them before I switched over to ebooks. X
0 Likes

I have Crps, fibro, arthritis, EBV, osteo, DDD, and more. I make customized awareness ribbons for customers in different sizes so customers can complete their jewelry designs.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Chris. I have Hashimoto's as well as being a Cancer survivor. I have a husband, a young son a grown daughter and 4 pets :)

In addition to my store, I work a full time job.
0 Likes
WindycityStyle
Inspiration Seeker

Good morning. I haven't been here for a while but I'm very excited about this weekend. I will be walking for Lupus this coming Sunday at Montrose harber.
0 Likes
WindycityStyle
Inspiration Seeker

The walk to end lupus here in. Chicago was a big sucess I am looking forward to the next one
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there. Fellow spoonie, new to teams here...I create snd sell lightsaber style functional walking canes.👋
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

ATM CARD
I Lost my Money to scammers but not anymore
Well, who would have believed this. When I saw a comment
by one Allison babara, I thought it was one of the Scammers
ways to convince someone. Looking at his comment, I saw
an element of doubt since he was telling stories. Well I did it
50/50 which means I can’t lose my money to any scammer
again. I contacted the email on the testimony of Allison?
Babara (securehackers01@gmail.com) and I was
replied immediately. I was shocked but I didn’t lose my stand.
I asked them to give me proof to be sure they are not
scammers like others that I have met before and they sent me
a proof. Then I requested to get my card which they sent to
me in Germany in just 3 days. Am happy now because I have?
recovered my cash I lost to scammers. My first withdrawal?
was $10,000 and I couldn’t believe my eyes until I confirmed?
their word which says that I can withdraw up $63,000 in a
month. secureblankatmSolution? are real because I got my?
card in just 3 days when I requested for one. Contact their
mail (securehackers01@gmail.com ) for yours. They
didn’t scam me.
Morris mabel is my name and if you are scared, please reach
me through my mail dasinator02@gmail.com
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello my fellow spoonies! I suffer from Ankylosing Spondylitis & COPD. AS leaves me with chronic pain, and the COPD leaves me short of breath doing the simplest tasks. Needless to say I don’t work, until now. I had lost my purpose & meaning in life, I was doing crafts to keep my mind off the pain. Then one day I was talking to my roomie & he was complaining about his hands hurting, they were dry, cracked, & weather beaten. I decided I would find the perfect cream, and did a lot of research. I found not only the perfect body butter, but lots of other skincare products that interested me, and I fell in love. Satin Body Basics was born. My friend a Myndi became my partner to help me out on things I can’t do, & pick up the slack when I run out of spoons. I’m so thankful to have a purpose again, and a distraction from my chronic pain.
0 Likes

Hello! My name is Victoria. I live in Russia. In 2012, the whole family: my husband, I and my daughter were sick with Lyme disease. Severe pain, fatigue. My daughter has autism. I have stage 3 cancer. But we do not lose joy). Everything will be fine.
handwork makes life more interesting.
0 Likes
WindycityStyle
Inspiration Seeker

Hello spoonies its that time again here in chicago. I will walk for team L365 foundation for hope in June 2018 .I hope everyone is having a pain free day
0 Likes

Hi everyone, I'm Tammy and am newly diagnosed with EDS (my teen daughters are not being diagnosed officially at this time, but they clearly have it as well).  I'm hoping some on this team are still active, because I could really use some advice and just some conversations with people who understand.  It took me three years to finally find out what was wrong....and I am fatigued and overwhelmed and worried about the future, but really trying to stay positive.

1 Like
WindycityStyle
Inspiration Seeker

Hello spoonies its that time of the year again. I will be at the chicago lupus walk .I walk for family members with lupus and for those of you that can come on out and join us at montrose harbor.

0 Likes

Hi! I'm Leah! I have Hashimoto's and some type of hypermobile issues. I am in the process of being tested for cEDS and clEDS. I look forward to making some new friends here! I make jewelry as a way to keep my mind off some of the pain and other unpleasantries that come with those issues. My shop does carry a slave bracelet of sorts that would be great for those wearing ring splints to help keep their splints from leaving them at inopportune times! .

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.