Disappointed ( Please make it so larger items can be calculated)

I was so excited when I joined this team so I could use the calculated shipping. I really wanted for only one of my items. It is my biggest item that I ship. When someone buys from this item and I have to ship it to the west coast , I rip myself off. I don't know how to go about fixing this problem. If I charge more then I will be refunding all of the time. It is a huge difference. Please hear my cry Calculated shipping team!! The box I have to use for this item is 49x14x3 weight is 6.
If I am missing something or doing something wrong , please someone let me know.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Disappointed ( Please make it so larger items can be calculated)

Shelli you can enter your own specific box size in the Preference area of Shipping Profiles.
0 Likes

Hello thank you for your response. Yes I made my custom size and it still said itwas too big.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Shelli - I just went to my own package Preferences section and I was able to add a custom package with those dimensions 49x14x3.

Are you going to your Shipping Profile Page - scrolling to the bottom - Add a package preference - click on the drop down menu and choose custom. There you title your choice and then input those dimensions and hit save.

You should also uncheck the box that says Use Etsy Common box sizes. Just add all the boxes you want to use to your Preferences.
0 Likes

Hello Kathy, Thank you so much again for your help. Yes I have done all of that . I did have the box checked that had the etsy common box sizes, unchecked that and saved. This is what I get when I try to attach the profile to my listing.
Their weight and dimensions are either missing or too large for these mail services.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We might need Mike or Calia for this one. I'll see what else I can find, but maybe you could post your question up in the top section of this forum under the Bug section. They seem to look at those more.
0 Likes

Thank you so much for all your help, I truly appreciate it! I will make sure to add this to the bug section.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Shelli from WildFireFlies says:

Thank you so much for all your help, I truly appreciate it! I will make sure to add this to the bug section.

Hi Shelli,

I am sorry you are having some trouble applying a profile to that listing. Would you mind passing along the calculated profile, package preference, and the listing that you are trying to link the profile to? I'd be happy to take a look.

Thank you!
0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you!

This is the listing I want to add the profile to.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/205730248/wedding-signs-wedding-decoration-signs?ref=shop_home_active_5

This is the profile.
https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/WildFireFlies/tools/shipping-profiles/11291626380

I will be shipping it with priority mailing. I think I done this all right for you but I am not sure.

Please let me know if you need anything else from me.
0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi Shelli,

It looks like you have made a calculated shipping profile, but you'll need to update your listing to have weight and size before you can add the profile to it.

Here's an FAQ article with step by step instructions and images on how to do so:
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/6131

You should see the information you need under "Add weight and dimensions to your listings" part.

Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks,
Calia
0 Likes

Hello Calia,

I did it! Thank you all for all the help. I feel kinda silly , it was an easy fix.

Shelli
0 Likes

Hi Shelli,

No problem! Glad you were able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Calia
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.