Former_Member
Not applicable

CS is calculating the wrong cost to several of my items. Still new on selling, please HELP!

I have been trying to fix this for the past days but I haven't had any luck.

I like to ship some of my items in the Padded Flat Rate Envelope (12.5x9.5)
I have entered both, the item size and weight itself and item with packaging but it's still $2 short on what it actually costs to ship.

I have a bag of artificial tree branches measuring 10x5 3oz, it can easily go on the padded flat rate envelope. I don't know what CS is using to figure out on which package it needs to fit into.
I DO have a shipping profile, I have the common Etsy's package sizes enabled, and I also have the padded flat rate envelope as a package preference.
I DON'T use Etsy's shipping labels, I don't know if that changes something. I use our company's account with USPS to ship everything.

I thought I entered the correct weight and size for each item, and that base on those dimensions and weight Etsy would calculate the correct package and cost. What am I doing wrong!??
Any help I can get would be gladly appreciated.
I'm anxious to see some answers!

Thanks in advance.

Stephanie V
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: CS is calculating the wrong cost to several of my items. Still new on selling, please HELP!

Stephanie, with envelopes you must also enter a height and that height needs to be enough for the item to fit.

What height did you put for those branches in the listing? You only give the length and width dimensions of 10x5. And you only give those dimensions on the envelope as well of 12.5x9.5. If you put the height in your listing at 2 inches and you can get just one set of branches in that envelope then the envelope height needs to be at least 2 inches.

Also, are you weighing the item all packaged and ready to ship in the envelope?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: CS is calculating the wrong cost to several of my items. Still new on selling, please HELP!

Kathy, thanks for your response. I got it all figured out!
I was so busy trying to figure out the problem that I forgot to come back and check if I had a response from someone.

I just thought that I could ship First Class with Priority Mail boxes/envelopes, but now I get that they have to be shipped in my own packaging.

Thank you so much for a response though! I read all the discussions you've had with other members; it was very helpful.
Thanks again =)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Stephanie, glad you figured it out! Come back anytime.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.