Former_Member
Not applicable

how do i figure out my shipping costs?

i am just starting out with my etsy store and need some help figuring out my shipping costs... any advice?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: how do i figure out my shipping costs?

I stick with the canada post website, use shipping calculator. Although it it quite hard to estimate without postal/zip code....
I know some that use the "built-in" label print (Etsy and/or Paypal), but have yet to use them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Anne,
in my shop I do not calculate exact shipping cost,
for example if shipping cost is 6.56 $us I just charge 10$,
because it include packaging, and my time and fuel cost to get physically to local post office to drop down customer parcels :)
0 Likes

Hi, I'm also really new on Etsy, and also have no idea how this shipping thing works :P I looked on the Canada Post calculator, and I think the minimum charge is around $12? My items are really small (vintage pendants, charms, small things) and I think that's a little expensive as the shipping cost is nearly as much as the price of my items. Is there no other way to ship? Did I calculate this right? Is it the same to ship to the U.S? Also, I'm from Toronto :)
0 Likes

I mail padded envelopes with dog collars in them. I'm new as well, and have only mailed one but it was just under $10 to Ohio. It depends on the size of packaging and whether you want it tracked and insured. A package with tracking and insurance may actually run you about $12.
0 Likes

Incidentally do other people always use tracking and insurance?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.