Postage within Canada

Yesterday I posted a small envelope with a dog collar in it to Calgary and it cost me $15.00. I was shocked because the week before I sent one to Australia for $9.00. When I look at the postage fees for other dog collar vendors I see postage at $4.00 or $5.00. Is there something I'm missing? Is there some way to send cheaper within Canada? I can't imagine everyone is losing money sending within Canada. Any suggestions?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Postage within Canada

omg!! you scare me now!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You can sign up as a small business (if you have registered your business), which will save you 10%, I think?

It's crazy, because to send internationally you can select "small package", but to send something within Canada, if it doesn't fit through the mail slot test, you have to send it express or expedited.

I've sent some packages that are heavier and larger to the States for $5 cheaper than sending something smaller and lighter, within my own province.

It really sucks.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sending stuff within Canada via Canada post has given me serious anxiety! I didn't know what to write for my shipping costs! I visited my nearest post office to get an "in person" answer. Sometimes sending via lettermail isn't always your best bet! She suggested registered mail as another option correct me if wrong but it is $9 Canada wide. Depends on your location!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Try using the Etsy shipping labels. They have a great deal and I've found that it's cheaper to do it that way and it still ships with Canada Post.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think I read somewhere that you cannot send anything "oversized" letter mail to the US (even if it meets all the dimentional criteria) if the package contains a product.

Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks
0 Likes
RyaneDesigns
Registered Buyer

0 Likes
oneredcanoe
Inspiration Seeker

I signed up recently for a venture one card from Canada Post (this may be what TriebeSisters was referring to) it's supposed to make shipping less expensive. I'm waiting for a sale so I can try it out...
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.