WT heck is going on? Did Etsy draft this out of my account? It's showing as a positive balance? I really need a response here, Etsy

lovestrucksoul
Community Member

Re: Etsy drafted $395 out of my checking today?

Jump to solution

Monday is President's Day... 

1 Like
SweetHorseDesignCo
Community Member

Jump to solution

I agree. Puts the burden on us, and saves then the bank service charge to reverse. Plus, if charge goes thru, then we pay interest on money  until money is in our accounts. Not honorable at all. How it even happened is even more frightening. I turned off auto billing. 

14 Likes
ThisUniqueHome
Community Member

Jump to solution

They did something early this morning to goof things up. Before my card was ever charged, I sent etsy an email stating that my payment account balance was too higher. About 10 minutes later the balance went up another $139, then my cc was charged!

2 Likes
SansoneStationery
Community Member

Jump to solution

They charged my credit card a heart-stopping $1,634.68 through automatic card payment (even though my sales consistently cover my fees daily). But then they deposited that money to my checking account along with today's funds for deposit. Just to be safe in the future, I've turned off automatic payments.

17 Likes
SopersCoins
Community Member

Jump to solution

They hit me for $1695.  They are not legally allowed to charge cards for no reason.  They did this on this Friday because this is when people’s biweekly checks get direct deposited.  SCAM 

16 Likes
thetrovehawaii
Community Member

Jump to solution

This is crazy! I’m so upset that this happened (and to so many of us) but I am glad I’m not alone in trying to get an answer out of Etsy. I hope it escalates high enough for a quick resolution. I’m not a fan of re-depositing the money, so many are going to get hit with fees because of that delay.

4 Likes
APaperEvent
Community Member

Jump to solution

Etsy needs to refund the card it was taken from! Yesterday I changed my payment account to a new checking account.  According to Etsy, it takes 5-7 business days for them to credit a new account.  In the meantime, they have emptied my personal checking account and I will incur numerous overdraft fees, along with not being able to make any purchases for at least a week!

12 Likes
JMOldeVintage
Community Member

Jump to solution

Yes, Etsy should refund the credit card the $$ were taken from. As I've already said in other posts, you can't take your Etsy Acct Funds & pay for car tires or a kitchen appliance. And even then, the process will take some time. And for those who have a debit card/checking account attached to Etsy, from some of the amounts I've seen, many could already be incurring overdraft fees as I type this.

6 Likes
DarolsDivineDesigns
Community Member

Jump to solution

Well, they drafted $788.00 out of my bank account today!  Completely unacceptable!

5 Likes
TlcCreatesVintage
Community Member

Jump to solution

My card was charged over 1,000 dollars!!! WTF......and now they are just going to deposit that back into our accounts which will take till Tuesday for me to actually have that money!!!!!  Not acceptable.  It's a three day weekend PEOPLE!!  We won't see that money anytime soon

3 Likes
WendyWildcraft
Community Member

Jump to solution

Same here.

Call your bank or credit card company and let them know what is happening with Etsy. Check your Etsy account balance. It should be positive for the same amount they charged. Request to have it sent to your bank. Hoping our credit card companies or banks will help us with the overdrafts or over limit fees.

7 Likes
SusanWindsor
Community Member

Jump to solution

This is not acceptable! They charged me over $2200. Their "fix" is to add it back to my payment account? Now my money is tied up with them until Tuesday? This is the worst error Etsy has made in the 9+ years I've been a part of it. EXTREMELY disappointed and frustrated!

16 Likes
TlcCreatesVintage
Community Member

Jump to solution

And it could happen again!!!  With NO warning.

9 Likes
SweetHorseDesignCo
Community Member

Jump to solution

The scariest part is how it happened in the first place. Unprecedented, and terrifying. I turned off autobil. They hupit my card 1300.00

3 Likes
TlcCreatesVintage
Community Member

Jump to solution

They are not just canceling the credit card pending drafts....they are doing their lovely three day I will get the money back to your accout Etsy transfer.

4 Likes
SansoneStationery
Community Member

Jump to solution

OMG I just realized that! We should NOT have to wait until Tuesday for a resolution! They charged my credit card a heart-stopping $1,634.68 through automatic card payment (even though my sales consistently cover my fees daily). 

2 Likes
CordShoppeandMore
Community Member

Jump to solution

how do we know, is your bank calling or is it showing up in etsy?

1 Like
APaperEvent
Community Member

Jump to solution

I found out because my husband called me to ask what I  spent on Etsy for $1,400 (overdrawing checking account)!  

3 Likes
lovestrucksoul
Community Member

Jump to solution

I got an immediete fraud related text from Suntrust, asking if I authorized a payment to Etsy for $5400-some odd dollars and cents. then a few minutes later a robocall from Suntrust about it, while I was on hold with Suntrust because they'd put a hold on my card. Which I had to authorize cancelling, since I have no idea what ETsy may do next :(

3 Likes
thetrovehawaii
Community Member

Jump to solution

I haven’t even seen a statement from Etsy, which is upsetting. 

I saw a huge pending charge on my account, then got an email about a deposit from Etsy separately. Couldn’t find an order, so checked my payment account then ended up here trying to figure out wth is going on.

4 Likes
ThisUniqueHome
Community Member

Jump to solution

The easiest way to see if it's happened to you is to look at your payment account.  Is the amount what you were expecting, or is it astronomically larger than yesterday?

1 Like
CuriosAnCollectibles
Community Member

Jump to solution

And these people have access to our finances! 

15 Likes
SimonsTreasures
Community Member

Jump to solution

They debited me 1725.00. OMFG!

3 Likes
FenderMinerals
Community Member

Jump to solution

I will say it again and again:  Please ditch the debit card and use a credit card.  Please.  

Credit cards have a 25 day grace and also have much better legislated  consumer protections

32 Likes
DarolsDivineDesigns
Community Member

Jump to solution

This should NEVER happen, debit or credit card.  

25 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.