WT heck is going on? Did Etsy draft this out of my account? It's showing as a positive balance? I really need a response here, Etsy

ThePassionateFlea
Community Member

Re: Etsy drafted $395 out of my checking today?

Jump to solution

I am most definitely not on autopay, and my account showed that I owed almost $400.  Yet, my account also showed I had a positive balance of over $500.  Neither one affected my bank account or my credit card, so I chalk that up to not being on autopay.

1 Like
JewelryDesignsbyDee
Community Member

Jump to solution

Etsy need to improve drastically on their one on one customer service, you can never get ahold of them and then to get a straight answer without them sending you somewhere else for a generic answer.

3 Likes
makeamum
Community Member

Jump to solution

"Go to your payment account and make sure the autobilling is disabled. They cannot by law charge your account without your permission." I don't have autobilling engaged and they certainly had no issue,taking money from my bank account!

2 Likes
FenderMinerals
Community Member

Jump to solution

Following.  The other issue was sort of funny, this is most definitely not.   Please update any response you get from Etsy.

16 Likes
CallunaMuse
Community Member

Jump to solution

Agreed.  This is pretty dang scary.  I can't see a pattern, and now I'm carefully watching my account, scared it's going to happen to me!

I feel terrible for those who did get hit so far, I can't even come up with a proper word for how bad this is.

24 Likes
MinxouriVintage
Community Member

Jump to solution

What other issue? 

5 Likes
FenderMinerals
Community Member

Jump to solution

@MinxouriVintage  there were extra monies posted in the shop payment account.  It seems associated but not correlated.  I had the extra money for a while but never had a charge to my credit card even though I am on autopay

3 Likes
ApparelArtbyMare
Registered Member

Jump to solution

I had the same thing happen but it has been resolved by reversing the charge on my credit card account back and reversing the deposit to my account so all is corrected.

Meanwhile, surprisingly I received an email from a Newsweek reporter wanting to interview me about this to have a story to report. I opted out of that request. Wondering if anyone else has been contacted by Newsweek?  She said she found me on this thread.

2 Likes
Peaceofmindinc
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Yes, almost 5k was taken out. They deposited the amount into the payment account. 

14 Likes
TheraClay
Community Member

Jump to solution

Oh my goodness!!!!

4 Likes
SimplyAffinity
Community Member

Jump to solution

This is absolutely unacceptable, and I am so sorry that you were among the sellers to have been so severely affected by this! I was charged almost $800, but I cannot even imagine having almost $5000 taken from me!!!!! 

Even if they are planning to refund our accounts through Etsy Payment Accounts, OUR money is still THEIR money for the time being. They charged my CC, yet they want to refund me through my Etsy Payment Account. We don't even have access to that money until it is finally deposited into our bank accounts (Monday is also a federal holiday). For the time being, this is a pending charge on my CC, and they SHOULD be refunding or stopping these transactions before even have the chance to go through, instead of refunding us through our payment accounts. 

In the meantime, if something happens to one of our shop owner's or their families, and they need money, they have these ridiculous charges on their credit and debit cards, or bank accounts. Some are having to pay overdraft fees, and interest on these charges to their CC's. I don't understand how this isn't on the news right now, and why Etsy isn't doing ANYTHING about this. This is hundreds of thousands of dollars that we are talking about, maybe more.

40 Likes
TheSouthpawWoodshop
Community Member

Jump to solution

Sounds like somebody needed A LOT of money today and borrowed it without asking from a whole bunch of shops personal bank accounts.  Putting it back into payment account and not refunding the CC's directly immediately gives them an interest free HUGE LOAN until they make payments to the accounts.

SHAME & FRAUD - unacceptable behavior and should be reported by all effected and affected by this action. 

103 Likes
SimplyAffinity
Community Member

Jump to solution

@TheSouthpawWoodshop That is EXACTLY what they are doing! This is absolutely CRIMINAL! 

23 Likes
VictoriaLynnBoutique
Community Member

Jump to solution

Over $7,200 from mine.  Can you say BIG overdraft??  Sucks.

11 Likes
SkyStoneSilverCo
Registered Member

Jump to solution

How can that be legal?!! It wouldn't be in Australia.

6 Likes
BeadClearanceDepot
Community Member

Jump to solution

$7668. for me. Luckily, I was able to find a phone number for Etsy on a Facebook group I'm in, and although the gentleman I spoke with did not have any new information to give me, he was absolutely lovely, concerned, reassuring and genuine. I just wish Etsy would make this phone number more public and not such a mystery. In situations like this, it's awful to not be able to pick up the phone and speak to someone. I cancelled my credit card immediatley. This is very, very frightening and unsettling to say the least. Thank God it wasn't my bank account, as is the case with many others, unfortunately. 

4 Likes
ngur1ruu
Registered Member

Jump to solution

I’m a buyer, not seller, but I’d advise all of you to contact MAINSTREAM MEDIA ASAP. Get them involved. Make it coordinated so everyone is communicating to same media outlets at the same time, and link this page to your communications as well as any emails you have. This (them only communicating in writing) works to your benefit since everything is in writing. Also if anyone has ability, get an attorney and if they’d be able to take everyone on as a client, that would be helpful. 

Hope this helps.  

9 Likes
SlapDashMom
Community Member

Jump to solution

I'm writing a blog post about this. if you'd like to share your stories please PM me. You can remain anonymous!

4 Likes
mockingbirdprimitive
Community Member

Jump to solution
over 1800 here. And no way to call unless your a premium member. What kind of crap is that.
3 Likes
ThreeBears
Community Member

Jump to solution

My credit card was just charged $696.96 and deposited in my payment account.

5 Likes
TheraClay
Community Member

Jump to solution

I have 3 etsy shops & fortunately this only happened in 1/3

0 Likes
TheVolunteerTomato
Registered Member

Jump to solution
3 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey all, 

There's a team working to correct into this as I type. Once I've got more information, I'll be updating this thread. I'll be pinning this thread to the top of Bugs and directing other threads about this situation into here for easy updating. 

Thanks! 

12 Likes
ClearCutSupply
Community Member

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding here.

1 Like
DarolsDivineDesigns
Community Member

Jump to solution

Unacceptable!  The fact we cannot reach a live person is beyond me!  This has really messed my business account up!  

44 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.