Its a new year and we are at almost 600 members!! For all who are new to the Buffalo Etsy Team – welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself here and tell us a little bit about you.

There are numerous ways to participate in this team and keep up to date with team activities:

Attend monthly team meetings, every second Monday of the month from 6-8:30 at Corner Bakery at 1551 Niagara Falls Boulevard in Tonawanda (Burlington/ Joann's Plaza, next to Trader Joes). Check the meeting thread for an agenda and meeting minutes. We try to post meeting notes but we can't capture it all so we encourage you to come and meet members to make connections. A lot of team activities are decided at meetings.

Facebook users – sign up for the WNY Artisans group – a private group for local Etsy sellers and other crafters. Great information shared here, and you’ll receive a monthly invite to the team meeting. Request to join here:
www.facebook.com/groups/222820504470721/

Please LIKE the Buffalo Etsy Team Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BuffaloEtsyTeam
(please comment, like and share posts often - especially if you are featured in any way) As of today we have 448 likes, so help us get more!

There is a thread here requesting your Facebook fan or business page – tell us yours so we can all follow you: www.etsy.com/teams/6750/buffalo-etsy-team/discuss/8882659/ We encourage you to like other team members pages too so you can see what they're up to.

Follow the team blog at buffaloetsyteam.blogspot.com/
Read, comment, participate in team challenges, and offer to be featured or be a blogger. If you want to get email alerts when we have a new blog post, sign up on the blog home page and add your email address. It is not shared with anyone.

Get the Buffalo Etsy Team discussions daily digest – you should get this especially if you can’t get onto Etsy daily to see Team updates. Here’s how – when you are in the team discussions page on Etsy (www.etsy.com/teams/6750/buffalo-etsy-team/discuss/), look on lower left side of screen for links then click subscribe to digest. You’ll insert your email address, digests are sent each night just after midnight. THIS IS MY FAVORITE TRICK!!

Check out the team's Etsy page - Buffalove. Find it here: https://www.etsy.com/pages/buffalove This is a new feature offered in 2013 to teams and will likely evolve. It is similar to Pinterest and team leaders curate boards based on themes. We create boards throughout each month by asking you to submit items that meet criteria. Look for SUBMIT NOW threads to add items. We then post on the team blog and Facebook so its an easy way to participate.

Let us know if you'd like to participate in other ways, and especially contribute to the discussion threads here. Numerous other threads have already been started about how to network on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and more. Use the search button to find topics you need.

FYI - if you'd like to read through the old NEW MEMBERS thread, see it here: https://www.etsy.com/teams/6750/buffalo-etsy-team/discuss/11701415/?ref=team_page

We hope to see you here soon!

Re: New Members and How to Participate

Welcome to new members! This is typically everyone's busy time of year so best of luck to all. Hopefully we will see some of you at an upcoming meeting soon.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! My name is Kelly Jean and I joined last month. Although I am not from Buffalo originally I am from WNY. I've been in the buffalo area for about 8 years now. There are some amazing artists and crafters and I'm proud to be part of that. My focus at this time is toddler and baby items. Anything from nursing pillow covers to portable travel chairs just ask and I'll make it. I also do evening gowns and cocktail dresses by request. Good luck to everyone in your business endeavors!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! My names Colette. I paint mostly abstract nature. I also do commissions and tattoo design. I'm fairly new to Etsy and would love some advice. Check out my page!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/497878294/small-colorful-contemporary-sunset
0 Likes

Hi Colette and other new members! I don't think we're having a team meet up this month (March), but feel free to join us in the future. Details are best found on the Western NY Artisans Facebook page - see how to access in the original post.

I'll be teaching a round of workshops in the next week in Williamsville -

March 8 - How to Sell Handmade at Local Craft Shows
March 15 - How to Sell on Etsy

Both are from 6-8 pm and you need to register here if interested:
https://williamsville.augusoft.net

You can go to the search section and in the instructor box, drop down to Goldhawk to find these classes and register. I teach them each fall and each spring.

Happy Spring - its almost here!!
0 Likes

So glad I finally discovered this team! Great to know about fellow Buffalo artisans. I will try to like everyone's pages, this is a large team--over 600 members! Wishing this team the best, corporately, and for everyone's individual business. Looking forward to my first team meeting in April 2017.
0 Likes

Hi Buffalo Etsy artisans! I joined yesterday and forgot to mention I make colorful, original jewelry. Wishing much success to all on this team!
0 Likes

0 Likes

I think I just posted 8 items to the wrong thread!!! New to Etsy!!! So sorry. How do I delete these?
0 Likes

deleted them Barbara and just left one to show what you make. Glad you joined and I think its ok for new members to show perhaps one piece. If you are new - see what Barbara did and post some of your items to the NEW LISTINGS thread. Its fine to show off a few pieces every now and then. We also suggest promoting elsewhere on etsy, and using your own social media to promote your work. Thanks!!
0 Likes

Thank you, Sara! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, we are a mother and daughter team from Cheektowaga. Our names are Pam and Kelly and we make postage stamp art from all around the world. We are both stamp collectors and stumbled into making them art after finding out how friends and family responded to us collecting.
0 Likes

Welcome Kelly and Pam, and other new team members. Hope to see you soon...!
0 Likes

Hi all....Have been photographing Buffalo/WNY for over 35 years. My photographic style has always been to take the ordinary Buffalo image and turn it into the exceptioinal unique image.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, my name is Ellie :) I have just recently reopened my shop after a long break! I wasn't prepared the first time but have found out that I am really inspired to make and find a variety of items that I want to share with others! I enjoy having creative things in my life and my Etsy shop is an awesome way to do that! Thanks for letting me join the group!

Bill from the previous post, your Buffalo and surrounding area photos are awesome! I love the one of Silo City!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,
I am new to the group. I make decorated LED lanterns and mason jars. I am hoping to be able to make some new connections for ongoing feedback and support. I am finding that changing careers and being self employed at 46 can be both overwhelming and somewhat isolating. Thanks for letting me join.
0 Likes
NJJSTUDIO
Inspiration Seeker

Hey everyone!

I have recently decided to put some more effort into my etsy shop. I am a buffalo native and I've been traveling the east coast selling my artwork at comic-con!

Hope everyone has a great summer selling!
LET'S GO BUFFALO!!
0 Likes

www.facebook.com/ShamanicProphet

Follow me on facebook to enter holy basil giveaway on July 27th Live plant

https://www.etsy.com/listing/600770633/chocolate-mint-live-plant-everything?ref=shop_home_active_2
0 Likes

Hi!

I am Nikki and I make purses and wallets from recycled objects. My most popular lines are my cassette tape purses and my chip bag wallets. This year I also started selling vintage! I am semi-new to the group? I come to the local team meetings and I just re-opened my store on Etsy in April. Previous to that I sold with a friend for a few years and had a shop of my own for several years before that.

I also display at several different Maker Faires in the area and this September I was selected to display at World Maker Faire in NYC for the second year :)

Although my shop is new, I've been selling since 2009, so I like to share what I've learned and I love to hear what is working for others too.

Hoping we can start up local meetings again!
0 Likes

Hello! I'm T.O., and I make custom arcade-style joystick controllers for older game consoles (Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.). Pretty new to the game, so I don't have much to say at the moment, but I hope I can gain a lot from this whole experience.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.