Please post information about 2013 selling opportunities here --- craft shows, bazaars, flea markets, etc.

Re: 2013 Craft Shows

Pardon me while I consolidate some show threads.

This one's s a goodie, submitted by Robin Lenhard of aremel716:

Hello All!

I am sorry that Julie and I could not attend the meeting last week. We'd love to meet more of you and - perhaps - have some of you join us down at the market this summer. If you have not experienced the magic that is Canalside, I urge you to check it out.

Applications are now available for the 2013 season of the Buffalo Saturday Artisan Market, which will take place the first and third Saturday of the month starting May 18 and running through Sept 22.

There are limited spaces available each week, So get your apps in early!

Visit www.buffalosaturdayartmarket.com/ and choose "get involved".
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Submitted by Tina at Purple Greyhound:

OKAY _ HOPE YOU JOIN US! I have a copy of the forms for the farmers markets now. You can email me directly: btwiepert@gmail.com Insurance is required.

I can copy some of the forms to post here. Erin and I would love to see a networking group started in Hamburg - if anyone is interested. You don't have to be a member of the chamber to be at the Market.

Only the Blasdell market has a craft/artist area. They are also willing to work with people if cost is an issue.

Contact Erin directly for more details and to sign up: Erin Erickson: Sr.Director of Marketing & Business Development 716 649 77917

2013 HAMBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE -
BLASDELL FARMERS' MARKET PARTICIPATION FORM

*Please complete the form below and return it to the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 848, Hamburg, New York 14075. The Membership fee of $65 is due by April 12, 2013. If a membership payment is a made after the date due, the fee will be $100.

2. All producers/vendors must become a member of the Blasdell Farmers’ Market for the season, which runs from May 1, 2013 until November 6, 2013. The Membership Fee is $65 and is due by April 12, 2013. After April 12, 2013 the Membership Fee will be $100. The Membership Fee covers both the Hamburg and Blasdell Farmers’ Markets and vendors must specify the market(s) in which they wish to participate at time of payment.

3. All complete applications are date stamped upon receipt and spaces are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.

• During the season, stall fees will be $15 per space. Discounts for multiple space rentals on a per week basis are as follows: two for $25, 3 for $35 or 4 for $45.

• If you elect to participate in BOTH the Hamburg AND Blasdell Markets, the cost for a stall in Blasdell will be reduced to only $10 per stall per week (normally $15).

• Producers/vendors wishing to join after April 12, 2013 will only be permitted at the discretion of the Market Manager. .
10. Unlike the Hamburg Farmers’ Market, The Blasdell Farmers’ Market will be accepting applications for craft vendors.

To qualify as a craft vendor all crafts sold at the Blasdell Farmers’ Market must be of high quality workmanship and designed and executed by the vendor. Commercial duplication printing and/or items assembled from kits may not be sold. Basic patterns may be used. Manufactured items may be incorporated in the craft work, such as jewelry findings, furniture hardware, and basic notions, provided the majority of the product is handmade and reflects the skill of the craftsperson.

All craft items sold at the Blasdell Market need to be juried by the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors and vendors will be asked to submit representative samples for review before being accepted into the Market.

19. Vendors must attend and occupy reserved spaces for a minimum of 85% of each market term to be eligible for the Market. ALL TERM FEES MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE OF THE TERM OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SET-UP. The market season commences May 1, 2013 and ends November 6, 2013. The season will be divided into three terms. The 85% attendance requirement applies to each term for which a farmer/vendor registers.

The terms are May-June, July-August and September-October.
0 Likes

ELMWOOD AVENUE FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS (in Buffalo)
August 24-25, 2013

I know this was previously posted, but the deadline to apply is fast approaching. Deadline for artists to apply: APRIL 1st

Link to application:
http://eafa.techriver.net/applications/
0 Likes
mealymonster
Registered Buyer

Alison posted a great blog post all about the 101 of craft shows on our team blog this week!. Great information!!
http://buffaloetsyteam.blogspot.com/2013/03/art-shows-101-survival-tips-for-show.html
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

anybody ever do Southgate Plaza the last few years? The application turn in is April 29th and I work...so I was wondering how long the process is. I should just take the day off, or not to bother if the show just is not worth it.
0 Likes
PURPLEGREYHOUND
Inspiration Seeker

Looking for vendors, crafters & artists for a Vendor Expo May 18 (Saturday) At the VFW Post on Lakeview Rd. Hamburg to benefit the Military Working Dogs National Monument & Military Working Dog Adoption group.

http://mwdauction.webs.com/vendor-expo-may18-hamburg-ny

For an application and more information: btwiepert@gmail.com
0 Likes
PURPLEGREYHOUND
Inspiration Seeker

Forgot to mention - it would be awesome to have an etsy section there... with signs,etc ....... (HINT HINT)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm in - let's help Tina make this a huge success for the precious Military Dogs.
0 Likes
PURPLEGREYHOUND
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you Denise....... We just got word - we'll have a signed Original Mutts cartoon donated directly from them for the silent auction!!!! This is an ALL HANDS call for this event!!!
0 Likes
mealymonster
Registered Buyer

0 Likes

I would also be interested in an Etsy Buffalo themed show Coleen. Thanks to everyone for all the links!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

An Etsy Buffalo show sounds good to me. I want to participate in the craft show for the military dogs. They are unsung heroes.
0 Likes
PURPLEGREYHOUND
Inspiration Seeker

Please contact me so I can send you an application! It looks like we're aiming for a really FUN time! I would love to have a section with a nice big sign for Etsy! And I plan on having a handout of vendors & sponsors for buyers to take with them so the connection you make at the expo hopefully won't end there. (I haven't seen any other show do that or any group promote an auction like we are- with your participation we'll be the first and open new grounds and new ways to promote small businesses while helping a worthy cause or group.) btwiepert@gmail.com
0 Likes
PURPLEGREYHOUND
Inspiration Seeker

PS: If anyone's available - I could use some behind the scenes help too.
0 Likes
PURPLEGREYHOUND
Inspiration Seeker

I'm meeting with a TV station rep today to help promote the event. The idea of having about 5-10 tables has bloomed into something so big now....... The veterans community has really rallied to this.......

It's starting to fill up - so if anyone is interested - we have a few Etsy people setting up - will be awesome to see a whole section to promote your shops!

https://www.facebook.com/events/428748943881325/?fref=ts and if anyone has an hour or so to help - it would really help me out to get some letters out, flyers around town, etc. drop me an email btwiepert@gmail.com

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good Morning. I am brand new to all of this :) Where can I find a list of local shows to sign up for? Thank you in advance :)
0 Likes

Welcome to the Buffalo Etsy Team! Please review the craft shows listed in this thread to find links to applications and deadlines for upcoming shows. The Buffalo Etsy Team blog has been featuring several posts recently about how to sell at craft shows - so take a look here: http://buffaloetsyteam.blogspot.com/

If you come across a craft show opportunity not listed - post the details here so others can learn about it. Thanks!
0 Likes

Women's Gifts is looking for vendors right now but the price of the table is pretty steep ($120) http://buffalowomensgifts.com/home.html

The page is outdated but the contacts and application form should be okay I think. I heard they were taking applications via word of mouth at Small Press.
0 Likes

This one is SOON:

Love Your Mom and Pop Vendor Marketplace

May 18, 2013
10:00 am - 4:00 pm

Tri-Main Center
2495 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214

More deets and a link to register are here:
http://www.buffalofirst.org/event_info/340/2013/May/18/Love_Your_Mom_and_Pop_Vendor_Marketplace
0 Likes

This was posted on craigslist 4/22:

North star tavern arts and craft show (East aurora)

Do you have something to sell? Our historical land mark building is holding an arts and craft show saturday may 4th (rain day may 5th) we still have plenty of room for vendors. We are located in a high traffic area and set up fee is only $10. If you want to be part of this event, call 652-1831.
0 Likes

Lockport Arts and Crafts Festival
Saturday and Sunday, June 29-30, 2013, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Located on Main Street in downtown Lockport, NY, just off Rt. 78 (S. Transit Road) Over 200 Craft and food vendors from all over the states. For info or craft application, call Lori at (716) 940-0554

I believe I read the deadline is May 1st, but call Lori anyway as I did this show 2 years ago and applied late. You may be accepted. It was a very easy set up for me on the street, and I won 2nd prize in my category (pottery). However, its kind of a carnival so lots of people there were buying cotton candy and popcorn so it was not a great venue for me.
0 Likes

47th annual Lewiston Art Festival artist application deadline May 10, 2013
http://www.artcouncil.org/events/artfestival.php
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Women's Gifts has an "under 26" discount for artists 26 or younger. I believe it is 25 to 30 dollars off. Believe me, the show is totally worth going to! I went last year (this past November) and my prices were fairly low, but it was my most successful show of the year!

If you're concerned about costs, find someone to share a table with, but be warned, they're small. 6 feet by maybe 3 feet. I did that last year and it worked out really well. Just find someone with a different aesthetic and product than you make and it should be fine.

The people are incredible, and everyone is so kind. Fun music, live acts, fabulous food...everything was amazing!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I second Alyssa's comments about Buffalo Women's Gifts. It was the first real show I had done and it was a blast. I shared a table with my niece who does jewelry and it worked out great.
I definitely recommend doing the show.
0 Likes

Info on craft shows..

http://festivalnet.com/?fn05111
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.