Former_Member
Hi Everyone,
I thought it would be nice for everyone to include a little post about themselves and their shop by way of an introduction.
Just a little bit about yourself and what you make etc.

I'm 30 years old, I'm married and have a 2 year old son. I am a web designer by trade but have always loved arts and crafts, my shop CLS Creations primarily sells bags, brooches and felted items. But at a later stage I hope to include some artwork and other bits and pieces, so that's me :)

Re: Introductions

Hi everyone, I'm Barbara and new to Etsy and good to join a UK group. I live in Bridport, Dorset and my passion is Photography. I have sold at exhibitions and fairs, but Etsy is a new avenue. I'm getting lots of positive feedback which is very encouraging so far. I'm primarily a Horse photographer and you will see lots of magical Camargue horses in my shop. but I love to photograph all animals and anything in nature. I look forward to being part of the group and making some lovely treasuries of your work.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I'm Janette and have fairly recently joined Etsy. I live in West Yorkshire near Leeds and whilst working full time and being a mum to a 2 year old I have been trying to set up a business!. I handmake pure silver jewellery all based on natural forms, leave, petals, flowers etc. I love it and hope that you will enjoy looking around my shop too.
I regularly blog http://gardenshedsilver.blogspot.com
and can also be found on facebook http://www.facebook.com/gardenshedsilver.
Looking forward to being part of this group.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

OOooo... Forgot this thread...So here goes

Well im from sunny Clacton-on-sea area and im a 45 years and 120 months old :). (yup 55).. Unlike most of you who have kids....Mine have grown up and gone...Yipee.

Having retired from the aviation industry I had a bit of time to "do things with". you know Computer games, smaple wines do the houswork.. Never been the "potter in the shed" type.

Well last year I took the dog out for a walk and picked up my first ever piece of seaglass ...Well I took it home and had a "gander" at it but came to the conclusion that this wasnt a "chav chucked off the peir" piece...but much older. So as you do...I started to research a bit..and uncovered all sorts of interesting stuff about this glass.

Now a year on and still loads of time to "waste", I have decided to go "pro" with this seaglass malarky, and represent The British interests in a field that is dominated by the USA.!! Heavens above.....they NICK our glass!!!!!

Mike
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I'm Ann from the Rhondda Valley in South Wales. I've always worked with textiles,qualified in textile art and teaching for many years. I love everything to do with fabric but mainly wool and felt making. My first memory of making with woolwas at primary school when the boy next to me, Peter Jackson (still remember his name after all this time) snatched my knitting and dropped my stitches. Look forward to being part of the team.
Ann:)
0 Likes
Hippywitch
Inspiration Seeker

Hi I'm Lorraine from Sunderland. I love to crochet, knit, cross stitch and play with felt. I've been making things since I was about 5, mostly self taught apart from the knitting which my Mam taught me at about 7 years old. I don't work as I have fibromyalgia and spend all day playing with my threads and wool :-) Great fun!
I haven't got kids, never really been maternal apart from with cats! I have two kittens which keeps me on my toes, Poppy and Daisy.
Look forward to being part of this team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm Kay, I'm 26 and live in Portsmouth. Due to ill health I haven't worked and have barely left the house in years. In this time I've picked up a variety of crafty bits and bobs to keep myself sane. Now a lot of my supplies are crafted items and after dire attempts to sell on ebay I find myself here.

I hope to be selling mostly knotted friendship bracelets and quirky cards amongst the occasional randomly inspired item. Now I can get out more I'm hoping to use etsy to make enough money to buy in more craft supplies at the very least!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Sue or Suzie and live in Chipping Sodbury, which is a little Cotswold town between Bath and Bristol.

I'm married with two sons and a fat cat called Sidney and work part time in insurance and part time making lampwork beads and jewellery. My youngest son has just started school this month, so I now have more time to bead so I have set up my Etsy shop which is really exciting!!

Please take a look and let me know what you think :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi!

I'm 30 something, married with 2 kids and I live in beautiful Torbay. I have a full time job of 40+ hours a week and I'm currently spending about 30 hours a week sewing as well.

I've only got a couple of items in my shop so far, but I will be selling xmas crafts at a local hotel once a week from November and I have booked 3 craft fairs. Now I'm panicing I won't have enough stock!

Any advice anyone could give a newbie like me, would be most appreciated.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm Andrea and mum to one little boy (when I say little....he's 15). I've an adorable cocker spaniel called Hugo, who's son number two.

I'm mad about all things handmade and am amazed at the talent on Etsy.

Sewing is a passion and I'm obsessed about fabric. Hence my little shop. Please take a little look and let me know what you think.

Have a great night x
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi All,

My name is Tara and I paint and write in snatches away from my 'real' job! I am blessed with an amazing art studio on the river - its like a little hobbit secret hideaway place and welcome break from the bright lights and frantic pace of events (my 'real' job)

I am an Aussie living in London.. well, I was actually in Paris for years and decided to move back home... 6 weeks from leaving, house packed up etc I accidentally fell in love with a gorgeous pommie, so now London is my home!

My artworks are a mish mash of symbolic paintings to inspire dreams and colourful flights of fancy.

I spend far too much time on etsy some days - just gazing at all the creativity out there!
0 Likes
AlteredEras
Inspiration Seeker

up we go...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone!

I'm Aga and I'm 31 years old. I live in Caerphilly (near Cardiff), South Wales. I'm a stay at home mother of two wonderful children, Daniel (4 y/o) and Kaia (7 months). I have only recently started my adventure with quilling but I love it so much that I've decided to change it into my little business. I haven't listed any items yet, but will do so soon.

I've just spent a few hours browsing on etsy, it seems it will become my new addiction lol
0 Likes

Hi Aga, welcome!...yes, it's very addicting at first contact!
0 Likes
LinniR
Registered Buyer

hello everyone, I joined this team about a month ago and have only just noticed this 'introduce yourself' thread. So here goes!

I am a happy mum of two grown up daughters, both of whom were born in Yorkshire, grew up in a village near Milton Keynes and now live in Wales. I am still exiled from Yorkshire but hope to return there one day.

My day job is as an energy assessor/energy advisor, and I am currently working on developing a Government scheme to enable more people to get advice in their homes about saving money on their fuel bills. I have suddenly become very busy working on this and I haven't had much time to work on my shop, which sells vintage books.

My main enjoyment from Etsy is creating treasuries and seeing other peoples' treasuries, they are such an entertaining way of displaying all the excellent items available on Etsy!

My latest treasury is the first entry in a new Team Challenge, which you can read more about here.

http://www.etsy.com/teams/6966/british-sellers-on-etsy/discuss/9134106/page/1/?post_id=102991526
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I'm an exiled Scot living in Isle of Man now. My main job is designing and making bridalwear accessories (http://www.etsy.com/shop/MadeByLawrie) but I've just opened my new shop, Clootie Coo (that's 'cloth cow' for non-Scots!), selling accessories made from eco-friendly, fair trade and organic fabrics and components. Hope you like it!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey guys well I am also new to the team and Etsy in most parts.

Just a quick bit about me. I'm 28 and I live near the New Forest in Hampshire. I have always been art and crafty since I was very young. I'm currently selling hand knotted bracelets and hoping to slowly branch out into other areas soon and hopefully from being here I can get some advice from you guys and speak to likeminded folk from the U.K :D
0 Likes
ArtInWax
Inspiration Seeker

Hi

Just thought I would say hello, I am very new to this forum and have only had an Etsy shop for a couple of months.

I am from Essex and I create artwork using wax and heat tools, my encaustic art shop is here www.etsy.com/shop/ArtInWax if you fancy a look around, I also have a website and online gallery and blog here www.artinwax.co.uk

Look forward to chatting with you all in the discussions :-)

Hazel
0 Likes

Welcome Hazel, what an interesting technique! You should include side, close ups so you can really see the texture....I'm just saying that though as I would love to personally see it myself!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone from the UK! I'm fairly new and so glad I found you. I havent sold anything so far but my buddy tells me it takes time and my camera just broke so I'm stumped at the moment.

Anyway its Great to Meet you all. Anyone here from Nottingham?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

hello everyone! I just joined this team with my 3rd shop (I also have littlenestbox and weald). I live in London, and I love thrifting, Cornwall, baking, art galleries and making (obviously)!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Esty and only listed my current items yesterday and today. I originally trained and worked in theatrical wardrobe and am currently teaching Fashion and Textiles (hopefully inspiring a new generation!)

I am based in Northamptonshire and thought it was about time I put my crafty fingers to good use :)

Laura
0 Likes
AlteredEras
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to all our new members :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

hI im Amy i live in the cotswolds im 25 ive known of etsy for about a year, not had my shop that long, i make resin jewellery and i crochet, knit, paint, do photography and im a massive hoarder. Only joined this team last night and its great! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone

First some background - calvertcottage is my Mum's shop - she's 75 and incredibly creative and I've been encouraging her for a year to open up on etsy - so I am doing all the technical stuff for her and she's doing the creative stuff. She's been a fantastic inspiration to me and creates just for the love of it. She'll often spend half a day making something and will then sell it for £1 for charity at the community center. I'm so pleased that she's finally plucked up the courage to open up and I'm sure this will be a big confidence boost to her.

So Ann is 75 and based in Derby. Her background is in all kinds of creative medium - embroidery, patchwork, quilting, crochet....Her house is full of beads, ribbons, fabric and yarn and she does a lot of workshops with children and adults on all kinds of creative projects.

Calvert Cottage opened just a few weeks ago and only has a few items listed, but when it's up and running will include a whole pile of vintage fabrics (some may be up to 100 years old....) as well as handmade pieces.

Thanks for the opportunity to join the team - I'm sure it wil be a great boost to the shop and the network will be really helpful.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm Jenny, I live in Somerset and I make tiny embroidered things like badges, buttons and mirrors, all appliqued with machine embroidery...

I only joined Etsy and set up my shop here a couple of days ago (though have been selling on other sites for a while now), so just trying to get to grips with everything... hopefully will 'meet' some more crafty creative people on here from the UK :) looking forward to having a nose around everybody's shops too! x
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.