Former_Member
Hi Everyone,
I thought it would be nice for everyone to include a little post about themselves and their shop by way of an introduction.
Just a little bit about yourself and what you make etc.

I'm 30 years old, I'm married and have a 2 year old son. I am a web designer by trade but have always loved arts and crafts, my shop CLS Creations primarily sells bags, brooches and felted items. But at a later stage I hope to include some artwork and other bits and pieces, so that's me :)
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Introductions

Could all of the new members introduce themselves please, so we can all learn a little bit more about you and what you do.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, i'm Hayley, i'm on maternity leave, i have a 9 month old son. Once he's in bed I make card's and tags, i've tried doing it whilst he's around but he just tries to eat everything!!
I have so many little idea's but don't have time for them all!!
I love Banksy-and think he should be available to all!!
0 Likes

Hi my name is Anna I'm 32 in June, I live near Fowey Cornwall with my husband, a 3 year old boarder collie Rufus and 7 chickens.
I have always made things mostly cards but have fallen in love with vintage textiles making bunting and notes boards. This is my second attempted at selling on Etsy and I am determined to make it work somehow!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Karen.
I'm 30, married and have just moved back to Folkestone in Kent after 7 years living on the romney marsh. (Not much of a distance, but it is to me)
I've always enjoyed crafting, but can never settle on one medium, hence the shop name BitsandBobs.
Anything I make I list in my shop, so you never know what you'll find. I have some soaps to list soon.
Everyone's shops are lovely, and it's great to meet so many talented people.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello my name is Heather(36), from Fife. I have 2 young boys and a husband. I love creating things, and selling things too. Etsy has become a bit of addiction for me!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I can't believe I've only just discovered this thread! Hi everyone, I'm Aimee, I'm 32 and I live near Croydon on me todd. Boyfriend does not live with me but his collection of Doctor Who toys seems to have moved in. No cats.

By day I work in marketing for an insurance firm in the city, and vent my creative leanings here on Etsy. I started making jewellery last year but have always dabbled in crafts/art whether it's knitting or photography.

I've just been invited to do my first craft market and thinking about it, really want to get into the hands-on 'meet the public' thing more - if I can find any good craft fairs in/around London! Look forward to reading the rest of the introductions :)

Aimee x
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@Karens bits and bobs, Folkestone isn't far from me, I live in ramsgate. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Helen, I live in deepest darkest South London. I've been pootling with beads for ages but only got into lampworking about 3 years ago. Now I'm attempting to sell my beads here before we all drown under them!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello - Paula from Altered Eras here :)

After conference with our lovely captain Chiara I have been through ALL 42 pages (yes 42!!) & closed all outdated, unused or duplicate threads in an attempt to get things more organised here.

This thread is kept either because it is used/current/still potentially useful or interesting to the team.

I apologise if a thread has been closed that you were interested in but it is still there to view & I wouldnt have closed it if it was current or used.

PLEASE NOTE that you can search the discussions for relevant threads before starting new ones using the search box at the top right.

HAPPY POSTING!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Dropping in to say a proper hello, I'm a long time crafter but new to Etsy and attempting to market products I havn't sold before.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome cast adrift :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!

What a lovely thread looking forward to going through from the beginning, always great to get to know fellow crafters and also being nosy : )

My name is Mitty and I'm based up in the Northwest. I've been crafting for about a year ago and have really enjoyed the whole process. I design and hand paint t-shirts bags and baby grows and am soon to be adding some badges and hopefully a few more bits before xmas!!

My etsy shop has been slow progress partly because I work full time at a museum and partly because I get so so distratced coming up with new ideas!

With the fantasic help of ou team captain I've also got a new website. Have a gander if you get a chance www.wittyhearts.co.uk

Mitty x x
0 Likes

Hi there everyone-

Im Megan- and I just opened my etsy shop "Kindy Garden". Im 26 and from South Wales.

I worked as a freelance illustrator up until a couple of years ago, when i decided to train as a teaching assistant. I love working with kids and decided after some time working at a school- to return once again to my other love (illustration!) and create a company that combined both my love of kids early years education and illustration. Kindy Garden's aim is to produce beautiful and educational art work for children, as well as educational materials for parents to supplement their children's education with.

My brain is literally bursting with ideas! I am so excited for the road ahead!

x
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, folks,
Newbie here... marion barnett, 51, a Scottish artist/writer/coach living and working in Norfolk UK. Textiles, mixed media, painting... och, really, I just like making a mess <g>. My shop's been here for a while now, but I've had pretty much a year out due to illness. My blog is here http://artmixter.blogspot.com, if anyone wants a peek. I'm beginning to move across into photography, with stitch and the odd bit of paint.
Looking forward to meeting you all...
marion
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hellooo,

Recently discovered Etsy thanks to my lovely lil' brother - what an amazing place!

My name's Claire, I'm 31 and I live in Sible Hedingham in Essex. I've made jewellery as presents for family and friends for a while but have only recently considered trying to sell my wares. I was definitely a magpie in a former life... can't resist sparkly things!

I'm also an animal lover - I work for the RSPCA and quite often bring my 'work' home with me, much to my husband's dismay :o) We have 4 dogs, 2 cats and a number of reptiles now!

Anyway... looking forward to making some like-minded friends xx
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello all! My name is Valerie otherwise known as Valoche. I am a freelance illustrator, mural artist and graphic novelist living in London and hailing from Guadeloupe in France. I am married, have three lovely cats I adore and a bicycle my husband loves to tinker with. It's a project, you see! :-)

I dig art that is deemed "different"- off the beaten track, intriguing, visually arresting and that make you...feel/think something! If you walk past and do a double take, then linger around...then my creations might just be for you!

Growing up I read Faulkner, Hans Andersen, Jonathan Swift, the bible and French Caribbean and Brittany Folk tales. That made a mark on my young mind! I loved the wonder, magic, fantasy/ horror of it all! As an adult and artist, I try to recreate that feeling and go back and forth between issues linked to childhood and more serious topics related to feminist art.

You can find my work here:

http://www.valochedesigns.co.uk

http://valochedesigns.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @ValeriePezeron

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Valoche-Designs/144042585747

http://www.theispot.com/vpezeron

http://www.aoiportfolios.com/artist/valeriepezeron/index.shtml

Looking forward to conversing with the group!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HI everyone,

My name is Alison and I live on the Wirral. I work with textiles and have recently started to put my designs on to ceramics.
I am looking forward to being part of the etsy community.
0 Likes

Hello! I'm Liz and I'm 22 and I'm just about getting started in thinking about what I want to do with my life, and have thus concluded that it has to involve fabric, printing and illustration. I love everything about it and I hope to make myself a nice little home around here :D

At the moment I'm designing fabric and in some cases hand printing it myself and making soft furnishings with them... though at the moment I cant stop making whale shaped fabric key rings.... anyway is nice to meet everyone :D
0 Likes
AlteredEras
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to Valerie, Alison & Liz :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've just realised that I've not introduced myself.
I'm Naomi and together with my mother and sister I run our little family business selling hand knitwear, artwear, acccessories, gifts, aprons, kitchen textiles, wire and beaded jewellery for both sexes, needlecraft items and whatever else we like to do. I opened this shop a while ago but only in the last month of so have really started working on it. We have been doing fairs and fetes for many years and have recently moved from a bricks morter shop to pure online so I may make the odd booboo but hopefully things will go well. Our main website is www.shalotte.co.uk and we have a blog on blogspot.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,
I'm Marie I'm 41, married with 2 children Tegan & Finlay.
My husband & I have been running our family business for the last 10 years or more - embroidered and printed merchandise.

I wanted to use that expertise for personalised and customised gifts - so about a year ago Personal Presence was born.

I joined Etsy In November, but have had very little success, I took the last couple of months off from Etsy to concentrate on my own website - http://personalpresenceni.co.uk/

I am still learning about Etsy and all those other things that you need to know, like facebook - http://www.facebook.com/PersonalPresence

I haven't mastered twitter yet and I'm sure I still have much to learn!
0 Likes

Welcome to everyone! It's brilliant how everyone is extremely different!!
0 Likes
TheStitchAndFold
Inspiration Seeker

Hiya, I'm Stasya, a university student studying Experimental Psychology. I'm turning 22 this month (nice to see some other people around my age too)! I live in Oxfordshire - university and out of term residence very close to each other :-)

I originally joined Etsy as a buyer called "glycosidic" and set up shop in November 2010, but recently decided that my old username was might be too difficult to spell/remember for other people so here I am with my new account :-)

My other interests apart from Etsy, crochetting toys and origami include gardening and playing the piano.

Social Media:

http://glycosidic.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/glycosidic
http://www.twitter.com/stitchandfold
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi 51st birthday today !! according to current theory, i should have another 51 years to go ! So time to start a new life after over 20 years making stuff for other people, I now make stuff for myself.

Born and bred in London I now live and make in Brighton & Hove (London-by-sea).

Hope you like what you see, comments welcome Etsy: Uzi1960,com
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome everyone and all our new members, it's lovely to learn more about you all :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.