Hi

Etsy are offering members of this team the opportunity to maximise their SEO - Search Engine Optimisation, or in other words your on-line visibility, see below for more details.

This program, available only for Teams, will start on May 1st. During the month, your Team-mates will partner up and work together to improve their SEO. Each participating seller will receive a workbook to go through the Month, with resources and weekly exercises to do with his partner :

- First week: Meet your partner and analyse your shop based on its statistics
- Second week : Research keywords for your shop and your listings
- Third week : Edit your listings and your shop to improve relevancy
- Fourth week : Improve your popularity by increasing the number of links to your shop.

To join in please fill in this form - this provides you with your partner guide. etsy.me/1jB6SxU

Thanks
Louise

Re: Search Engine Optimisation Module - WORKBOOK - May 2014

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

SEO - How do I improve my shop's Search Engine Optimization. I've seen this Etsy article before and it's pretty helpful as it lays out exactly what is and isn't google visible in on your shop page.

https://www.etsy.com/fr/help/article/247

Scroll down a bit for a diagram.
0 Likes

That is pretty helpful!
I think I have worked my way through all week 3 stuff...and tweaked all 60 odd listings with the info in that article ^.
....So grateful for bulk editing sites, they are life savers!
0 Likes

Hi Lyndsey - great to hear your making progress. I've been working on some nitty gritty stuff at my end too. So far I've been working solely on the general shop.

I have created (for Daylight Frockery)
1. An about page
2. Tweaked my section names
3. Tweaked my profile (about me)
4. Home page - reworked my shop title
5. Home page - reworked my shop announcement

Can you swing by and check it out, let me know what you think. Have you completed any of these things for yours yet or were you focusing on the listings first?

Also do you read the thread about shipping/postage that I posted the other day?

Louise
0 Likes

Hi Katie. I hope you're getting on okay with the SEO stuff. So far I've been working solely on the general shop.

I have created (for alltheseprettythings)
1. An about page
2. Tweaked my section names
3. Tweaked my profile (about me)
4. Home page - reworked my shop title
5. Home page - reworked my shop announcement

Can you swing by and check it out, let me know what you think. Have you completed any of these things for yours yet or were you focusing on the listings first?

Also do you read the thread about shipping/postage that I posted the other day?

Louise
0 Likes

Hi,

I'm sorry I've been so late with the keywords. I've been updating a lot of things about my shop, including the name. Here they are, some from Google, some from Etsy:

Garnet bracelet
Garnet necklace
Red necklace
Peridot bracelete
Amethyst bracelet
Red bracelet
Green necklace
Carnelian necklace
Carnelian bracelet
Garnet jewelry
Photography cards
Silver earrings
Silver bracelet
Garnet
Green bracelet
Gemstone bracelet
Black necklace
Gemstone necklace
Jade Bracelet
Stone jewellery
semi-precious stones
natural stone jewellery
semi-precious
semi-precious jewellery
agate jewellery
amethyst jewellery
0 Likes

Hi again,

I've had a look at the updated pages and it all looks good to me. I particularly like your choice of photos in the About section. I've been updating my shop pages as well. I've even changed the name of the shop. I'll have a look at the shipping/postage thread now.
0 Likes

Hi Louise,
Oooh, looks like you have loots of new stuff- beautifully photographed!
About page is good- my only feedback on this is ‘decade’ should read ‘decades’ :)
Your section names are spot on, profile is clear and concise- (could maybe stick some keywords in there?) and shop announcement looks good- lots of keyword use!

So, I have worked my way through; my about page, profile page, shop announcement, title, and all listings, and have created sections.
0 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about the shipping. That is so annoying- most of my dresses are really bulky….and most go to America - postage is always over £60, which is quite a lot of money- I imagine people will be shocked and annoyed at the checkout stage, and then just not order.
Hmmmmf, very very annoying.
I wonder how long the test has been, and is running for…?
Looking through forums, lots of people are just adding their prices into the description….but I worry that might skew the test results and they might permanently roll this out.
This is now the longest period of no sales in more than 2 years…..and I’m sure hiding the shipping is helping nothing :(
0 Likes

Hi Lyndsey and Katie

Just a couple of things,

Firstly are you aware that you can select what photos/listings you want to appear on each page of your shop. I usually do the first few pages and then let the listings rest from there. It can help give your first page maximum impact BUT when you list new stuff obviously those will be on the first page, so then if you want it to look different you need to do it again.

Secondly the postal thing is affect some stores, and some buyers, it's not consistent (according to the forums) - also the postage seems to still appear when viewing on tablet or mobile within the main listing but not on PC. I'm not entirely sure what the rationale behind this.

Louise
0 Likes

Okay - looking good ladies, be in and looking at all the hard work you've been doing.

And now for week 4.

Promoting your shop and increasing popularity. looking at
1. search engines
2. blogs and social media
3. promotion in blogs
4. increasing internal navigation

There's quite a lot of links to read on this on, supporting info so I'll pop them in a convo to you both.

To complete the SEO module please take a look at your workbook.

Louise
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.