Former_Member
My name is Katie. I've set up with team for two reasons. Firstly, I wanted to snare the nsame before someone else did, and secondly, I believe I can help people with SEO for their shop. I've had great results from my own optimization and running an e-course on the subject.

We'll offer:

General advice on starting from scratch
Advice tailored to individual shops

We need:

SEO experts who can break things down simply
People who need help or advice

Please introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome To Beginner SEO (start here!)

Nice to see you all!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Thank you so much for creating this team. I am eager to learn all I can about SEO. I'm very green, but know enough to know that SEO is very important in bringing visibility to your shop.

Thank you so very much for any advice on my shop.

Kandy
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HI everyone!
Thanks so much for starting a team like this. I'm sure everyone really appreciates the time and effort of your members.
I want to improve my studios exposure in search engines etc.I feel like I've done well the time I've been here considering I don't know much at all about the whole "Google" thing but would like to improve my studio in every way possible.
My studio is www.natskreations.etsy.com
All comments are very welcome and appreciated :)
Thanks again,Natalie
0 Likes
collarswithcolor
Inspiration Seeker

Hi everyone - bumping up - please take a look at the SEO 5 Day Challenge, if you're looking for somewhere to start:

http://twinklyspangle.blogspot.com/search/label/challenge
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

natskreations ~
You have such a beautiful shop! The one thing I noticed is your link back to your shop isn't a link.
Instead of typing it out, click the link you would like your shoppers to go to, then paste it there.
Keep up the good work, beautiful items!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

natskreations ~ sorry trying to get out this morning, bringing my son to a science fair, what I ment was,
Copy and paste your link ~ Not click
Yikes, I better get off this computer
Have a good day all!
0 Likes

Hi, everyone! Well, I went back to the OP and read the whole 9 pages!

I have been on etsy since june of 2009 in that glutted jewelry market. I feel like I am doing alright but would like to get higher views and have better SEO. I do have return customers!

Twinkly.....I did already post on the Shop specific advice thread (way back on page 8). I'd still like some advice when you get around to me!

I have a blog, too that does drive traffic to my shop;
http://carolsjewelryorchard.blogspot.com
I usually blog 2-3 times per week but am not posting daily due to a promotion I came up with. I joined a blog team here on etsy that is helping with being more visible. Definitely, a help to all you newbies out there. A blog helps drive traffic to your shop.

Just joined facebook, less than a month ago at;http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carols-Jewelry-Orchard/194772440549075

I am slowly gaining "friends" and "likes" there, but we'll see how it helps my shop business. I'd love more followers on FB if anyone is interested.

Finally, twinkly.....I am going to try your tag exercise that you mentioned back on page 5 for another etsian. I already try to list a new item once a day and renew at least 2-3 x per day, too.

Oh, and I might take your SEO course as I also started a new website at;
http://www.carolsjewelryorchard.com

Chin up, all to all the newbies out there. Having a shop is a daily joy but also requires work! Keep at it! Sales will come! This is a great thread and group!
0 Likes

Sorry, about the link for my FB page;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carols-Jewelry-Orchard/194772440549075

Thanks, in advance, for checking it out!
0 Likes

Hi Twinklyspangle,

I am so excited for you to review my shop.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Kandy
0 Likes

HI! I have been on Etsy since November of 2010 had quite a few views, 1 treasury posting but not 1 sale. I did get amazing advice from Sandee in the Buisness help section which was so eye opening with great advice on checking out Beginner SEO - so I would like you to review my shop and please feel free to express any and all opinions! I'm in the process of a new banner, redoing the pictures etc. I love what I do and I want to do it well and be successful, so I would appreciate any imput. I am beginning to make more spring/summer/everyday pieces instead of just holiday, which was always my comfort zone. Time to step out of the box! :) haha

Thank you so much! Sandy
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome Carol, quiltsbykandy and sandynewhart.

So happy with the great welcoming and directing going on in this thread, it's great to see members helping each other out!

Carol:

I will get to it, promise! It was half term last week which hasn't helped AT ALL as I pretty much can't do anything while little man is running about like a crazy monkey. I'll defintely catch up this week though!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Help!
Can someone check out my shop? I don't have twitter,I don't have a blog,
I'm just confused on what to read and what to avoid reading!!I travel 20 days out of the month so using my time wisely is key.please help critique my shop!! Thanks, maybe I can help pass it on when I feel more comfortable to add my two cents!!
Have a wonderful day!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

faithandhope10,
Thanks for checking out my shop. By the link back to my shop do you mean when I posted in this thread and typed out www.natskreations.etsy.com?Or is it something with my shop pages? I'm confused :)I am very new at this computer thingy.
Thanks again for taking the time to check out my shop,
Natalie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

faithnhope10,
Is this what you mean?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/natskreations
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

zoolandesigns,
Your shop and jewelry are beautiful and your pics are very professional.Your descriptions are well written also.I'm not sure what type of metal though.When I shop for jewelry I look to see if its gold,silver etc. first .Your pics got my attention and then I wanted to know more.
Check out my shop and see what you think.I'm definitely not an expert on jewelry but wanted to share my thoughts. Your doing a great job :)Keep up the good work and "Welcome"
0 Likes
cortayloo
Registered Buyer

Would love any advice out there! :) Thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hii!!I'm from Turkey and new to Etsy!I opened my shop before two months but unfornunately any sales yet!
handmadebyaylin.etsy.com is my shop!
Waiting for your advice thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for letting me in your team. I've put a shop specific request in for SEO help on the appropriate thread. Frankly SEO has just gone over my head and despite trying to read all sorts of articles about its I'm even more confused. Looking for some hand holding to help me make it work for me.
0 Likes
JillyBearDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Hi,
I'm your newest member. I've already browsed around some of the discussions and have picked up some tips that I will be implementing over spring break.

I sell handmade cards and invitations. I've been open about 6 months and business seems to be picking up. I think tweaking my SEO will help even more.

Www.treasuresfromthe80s.etsy.com

I look forward to reading everyone's post and advice.

Sammie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

cortayloo, handmadebyAylin ,MrsFiddlesticks, treasuresfromthe80s ~ Welcome to the team!
Twinklyspangle as a great leader and you will learn so much from her! But, I know she is crazy busy. Be patient she will get to your shop and it will be worth the wait. In the meantime, keep reading all of the discussions she has posted and you will be able to make a few changes before she does "her thing"

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everybody,

I just joined the team. I have tried to read up on this subject and have made a few changes to my sites, but I don't really understand any of it and don't even know how to check where I am in the standings. Help!
0 Likes

Hi all! I've been reading the tips and forgot to come and introduce myself - I'm Corinne, and I'm here to learn as much as I can about SEO. It seems to change so fast, and I know there's always something new around the corner!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

I have a great program that I tested on my own store to improve my page ranking in Google search. I moved from page 100 to number one for my chosen keyword. I can prepare the report for you and help you with more views and sales. See the link:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69724046/seo-tailored-exactly-for-your-website

I will be happy to help you.
Have a wonderful day!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

hello, I'm Gini fom Little Sugar Tops. I sell fondant cupcake edible toppers.
http://littlesugartops.etsy.com

I'm not brand new to Etsy. I have an older shop at http://greendoxie.etsy.com but I've had trouble getting sales. Im focusing on trying to figure all this out.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm Rhett. :) I don't use my real name online, so I will always just go by that. My shop is rhettdidntgiveadamn.etsy.com and it does okay, I guess. I got my etsy account at the end of January.

I'm here because I barely know what SEO means, but I'm smart enough to know that it's really important to the success of my shop. I've tried to absorb as much as I can about SEO but feel like a soaked sponge at this point - I just can't take any more in. Lol.. I'm sure that makes no sense at all.

Anyway, in other groups I have obligations and things to do and I haven't had time to really focus on my shop the way I should have. Here, I would like to do that. I would like this to be the place I come to really focus on RhettDidntGiveADamn.

A little about me... I'm a stay-at-home-mom of 4 lovely kids. We tried the working thing for a few years and it was just too much stress. Too little time to get everything done and everything that was getting done was not as we wished it to be. So, I'm home now. The household is running more smoothly. Chores are getting done. I'm happy with this arrangement. However.. it does lack something. My etsy shop gives me purpose outside my home life and makes me feel good. Bringing in a bit of money now and then makes me feel more like I'm contributing to the household. My husband would never say that I need to give financially to our family - but he wouldn't turn down cold, hard cash either! Lol.

So, here I am. In all my glory - or lack thereof. I look so forward to getting to meet you all. Please excuse any goofs along the way - I may not always post in the right thread or something. And if I can help any one in any way - I will be glad to try. :)

Rhett
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.