Former_Member
Not applicable

In need of help and critique

Hello All,

We are pretty new here and have had 2 sales so far. I know we need to get more things up and am working diligently(with a full time job and 2 kids, well lets say 3 because there is that husband too. LOL). Plus mom doesn't do the computer thing so that is all my job.

I am still trying to wrap my mind around etsy and there is so much to learn. I have looked at my stats and noticed that all my shop views which are not that many are from etsy. I have not had any traffic from google. How do I go about improving that? I was reading about google plus. Is that it? Don't know much about SEO. That is the next thing I am goig to read up on. I was also reading about facebook. Heck, I don't even have a personal facebook ( I know I am a little backwards :-), but that was just a personal choice). Would that help without even having a personal page.

I would love any advice and critique anyone can give about my shop.

Thanks so much in advance.

Kerry
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: In need of help and critique

Hi Kerry,

Your shop TITLE: "Childrens Clothing and Accessories, made with love" and shop ANNOUNCEMENT: "At My Nutty Nana, you will find..." are both used in SEO.

You should reword the announcement to searchable words- maybe "Unique Children's Clothing"... or "Cute, Comfy Children's Clothing"

You have a typo on the first listing (UpcyLced)

Use titles you think people will search, and skip the adjectives ("Gorgeous" and "Adorable", etc.)
If I'm looking for a girls dress, I'm not typing "Gorgeous girls dress". Use your adjectives to add flavor, so to speak, to your item descriptions.
Titles should read the way you'd describe the items in a sentence. So maybe "Girls Corduroy Skirt, Brown with Hearts" would work.

On that listing, you didn't use "corduroy" as a tag.
Also- I'd add to the materials tags: "corduroy" and "elastic waistband".

I really like the Kimono dress. It's very unique. Maybe tag it "unique girls dress"?

Good luck :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sarah,

Thanks so much for responding and your advise. You are so right. Who is going to be searching for anything based on the "Adorable" and 'Gorgeous". Duh!!! Thanks for pointing that out. Also thanks for catching my typo.

Kerry
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Kerry,
That's how it goes... I think most people have those "why didn't I think of that?" or "why didn't I realize that?" moments!

Just keep making changes, adjustments & improvements. It's all part of the territory :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.