Former_Member
Not applicable

How do I get a handle on this SEO thing?

Hi! I thought I had understood how to make great tags in regards to SEO. But for the last month my stats have been so low, that now I am not sure. If you have the time to look at some of my keywords on a listing or two that would be great. I could use some advice. Thank you so much.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How do I get a handle on this SEO thing?

I checked out a couple of your listings, and the tags look great.
One tag I'd add:
Green clutch with flower-
Use "sequin fabric" in tags.

One SEO tip- Your shop announcement ("Welcome to my little shop! Thank you for stopping by....") should state what you sell, because the first few words of that show up in a Google search.
So you should definitely change that- maybe "Clutches, Bags & Totes" or something along those lines.
Take the time to Google your shop & see what I mean.
Apparently those few words are searchable (and nobody searches "welcome to my shop", right?)

Also- check the Etsy do's & dont's. I believe that selling an "add on" is not allowed.

If your views are low, how often do you renew your items?

I like the item descriptions you've written. Reading them gives me a good idea of what your clutches are like. Very well done!

Good luck.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How do I get a handle on this SEO thing?

Sarah,

Thank you so much for your help! Looks like I need to make a few changes. I did not realize the add option is not allowed. I have seen it in a few other shops. I thought it would be an easy way to show my customers the options available.I'll have to come up with another solution.

I don't really renew my items much. I have been reading how with some of the changes that Etsy has made that it does work like it used to.

Thank you again! I am now off to make some changes.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.