Can anyone Help me out??

Im wondering how my shop looks. Are the pictures better? Are my titles, tags, and descriptions good? I know sales have been slow for alot of people, but Im not even getting as many views as a few months ago.

Ill promote your shop with some favorites if you can spare a bit of time :D
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Can anyone Help me out??

Hi Jessica,

I'd suggest that you make the item for sale the primary focal point of your photos. In many of your photos its the background that seems to be the focal point with the item actually for sale being an 'added extra'.

I'd suggest that you find a nice uncluttered background to use for your photos and let the item being sold be the main focal point.

One thing to remember too is that if you aren't shipping world wide, quite often people won't even see what you have for sale. There are filters in the search that many buyers will use to see items that will ship to their own country.

So if you are really going to offer world wide shipping, I'd suggest that you set it up in each of your listings.

Where exactly are you located? Your shop profile states that you are in the USA, yet you have items that are shipping from Singapore, Canada and the USA.

You may want to update your policies as a buyer does NOT have to register for Direct Checkout through Paypal. Direct Checkout is offered exclusively through Etsy.

I'd also suggest that you be a bit more concrete in your shipping policies as far as when you will ship. A buyer won't want to wait for an ' as soon as I can get to the post office" as that can be forever. Stating something along the lines of 'I will ship your package within 24 hours or within 2 business days' or whatever will work for you sounds much more professional.

You will probably find that most buyers will never tell you that they got their purchase at all. Rather you will hear from them if there is a problem. Please don't request feedback from buyers. If they want to leave it they will do so of their own accord.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good response on constructive criticism! I'm having a similar issue, I don't know if my photos, descriptions etc are hurting or helping!
It takes time to figure out what works for your shop :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love your items!
0 Likes

Thank you everyone! And thank you crochetgal, I will go through and fix the shipping in all my listings, I think i clicked on the wrong things on accident while fixing things a previous time ahhh.

As for my pics, some times I have a hard time taking that perfect focal picture. Also, I dont really know how to make a nice background that isnt cluttered but not boring. Ive seen people use lots of props in picures and they have very sucessful shops :/ so im not sure what im doing wrong there.

Some of the suggestions you have ...Im not sure if you didnt understand what i was saying because I didnt interperate what I was trying to say the right way. Or if I really just messed everything up when I was typing stuff. haha. As far as the direct check out, I was meaning that I offer both forms of payment now. direct check out and paypal. before i only accepted paypal.

Thanks again though! I will work on shipping and check my policies!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love the pictures but I to think the background takes away from your product. I also think you should rethink your pricing...It seems a little on the low side to me. Are you including for your labor?? You have to be able to pay yourself as well.

I like that you accept both paypal and direct check out.

I think you product descriptions are good and your policy page is also good.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

would you mind reviewing my page as well. I would also love feedback from you. Thanks,
0 Likes

Thanks Kristi! I looked at you shop and I like you items, I just wish you had more viariety of things. Like the cup cozys. Those are really cute, but you only have 2 colors. I also think you could be a little more descriptive in you titles. like 'bright blue crochet cup cozy, soft wool' or something to that effect so that it stands out more in the search. :] pics are good and your descriptions good too :]
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Jessica! My husband and I have been toying with more descriptive names- I've just been nervous about changing them! Now I am feeling more confident. And Yes, I need to make more of the cozies- People really seem to like those. Thank you for taking the time to look at my shop also.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.