Introducing: Etsy Community Ranks and Badges

Hi everyone,

We know Etsy Sellers are some of the most creative curators and creators on the planet. The goal of our community spaces is to empower sellers to connect and learn from each other, and we invest in tools, platforms, and programs to help make that happen.

Today we’re launching a program that recognizes active community contributors with special ranks and badges. This program is designed to acknowledge the daily efforts of our community contributors who support one another and allow us to thank top contributors with some community profile flair.

How it works:

Etsy members who participate in our community spaces will be given ranks for doing so. Ranks take into account several factors, including but not limited to these three factors:

• Posts that you’ve read, written, or liked
  • Other members liking your posts or marking them as solutions
  • The duration of time you’ve been active in the Community Space.

Ranks will be visible throughout the space anywhere you see an Etsy community member. You may see new badges on some members’ profiles or you may have one yourself! These badges are ways to celebrate participating in certain Etsy programs or for reaching our highest ranks. You can find any badges that you’ve been awarded on your community profile (click on your avatar > My profile in the top right corner). These ranks and badges will appear for the first time, and on a rolling basis within the next 24 hours or so.

Etsy Community ranks and badges are only applicable to and visible within Etsy’s Community Space. They do not impact your shop status, your Etsy search ranking, or the Etsy marketplace in any way.

Nominate a Community Spotlight! Share a favorite seller-led discussion that inspired you. 

Thank a seller who made a difference in your life. 

We’re in awe of the support that community members like you continue to offer to one another. We’re grateful for your contributions and eager to hear what you think. If you have feedback for how we can improve your experience in this space, let us know here!

Still have questions? Check out A quick guide to ranks and badges in the Community Space and our FAQs below.

Where can I find my community badges?
Badges that you’ve been awarded will appear on your community profile and on your My Badges page.

Where can I find my rank?
Your rank will appear on your Etsy community profile page and is visible wherever you post content in the space. You and other members can also see ranks and notifications in your notification feed.

Can you search for other members in the space by rank?
Yes, you can search for specific ranks of members through the “Users” option in the search bar in the community space.

Can you search for members by badge?
At this time we are not displaying all recipients of specific badges.

Do I have to post in order to receive a rank?
We have ranks for those who choose to participate in the Community Space without posting. With that said, we encourage all of our sellers to take part in discussions or to join teams in the Community Space!

Will posts made before the Community Space was launched count toward my rank?
Posts made in Forums or Teams before the launch of the Community Space will generally be counted as a part of your post count, though some posts that have been archived may not be included.

Can my rank go down?
In rare cases, content deleted from Etsy’s Community Space may result in a loss of rank for some members. All ranked and badged users must adhere to Etsy’s Community Policy. Violations of Etsy Community Policy may result in a removal of rank or badge and/or suspension from the Community Space.

Am I notified when I rank down?
No notifications are provided when a member’s rank is lowered.

Can I ever lose a badge?
Once a member has earned a badge, that badge will remain in their collection. However, if a community member violates our policies, their status in the Community Space may change. Etsy also reserves the right to modify or remove badges at their discretion.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
545 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.