Important updates to selling on Etsy

We’ve been helping sellers on their creative journeys for 13 years. We’ve focused on making Etsy the best place to run your creative business, and we’ve listened to sellers like you to learn more about what you need from us.

Now, we’re planning to invest even more in bringing buyers to Etsy, building seller tools, and improving your seller experience. To help make this happen, we’re updating our fees, and we’re adding some new features.

Effective July 16, Etsy’s transaction fee will increase from 3.5% to 5% and it will also apply to the cost of shipping. All other fees, including listing fees, will remain the same.

We’re also introducing new optional feature plans designed around the needs of sellers at different stages of growth, so you can access the right tools at the right time for your business.

Learn more here: https://www.etsy.com/seller-news/2018-june-update

You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.

Why is Etsy raising fees?
We’re updating our transaction fee to help us invest more in bringing buyers to Etsy, building tools that make it easier for sellers like you to run your shop, and providing the support you need to grow. As always, our goal is to make Etsy the best place for running a creative business online, and we think these changes will make Etsy even better.

Will I lose access to any Etsy’s tools when the new packages are available?
No, you won’t lose access to any free or paid features. You can still use tools like Promoted Listings and Pattern as you always have.

Do I have to do anything?
No, Etsy Plus and Etsy Premium are completely optional. If you choose not to subscribe to a plan when they become available, you’ll continue to have access to all the tools and services you use today.

Join the q+a here: https://etsy.me/june-update-forums-qa
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.