MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

FAQ: Transaction Fee Update

Hi everyone, 

Earlier today we announced that we’ll be increasing our current 5% transaction fee to 6.5%, starting April 11, 2022. This change will help us make significant investments in marketing, seller tools, and creating a world-class customer experience. You can read the full announcement here

Below you’ll find answers to some questions you may have about this change, how it might affect your shop, and where to get more information.

FAQs

Why are you increasing the transaction fee?

We believe this change will help us make big investments toward bringing even more buyers to Etsy, building the tools and services that help our sellers manage and grow their shops, and expanding the technology and teams that keep Etsy a safe and secure destination for handmade, vintage, and special items.

How does Etsy’s transaction fee work? 

When you make a sale on Etsy, you pay a transaction fee that’s applied to the total order amount. This applies to the total cost of the item, including shipping and gift wrap (if you charge your customers for those). Learn more about fees on Etsy here and see our updated Fees and Payments policy here

Is there anything I need to do to my shop or listings following this change?

No, you don’t need to take any action. This change will happen automatically on April 11, 2022. 

Where can I stay up to date about changes at Etsy?

We’ll always make sure to keep you up to date about important changes that could affect your business. Check out the Site Updates section in the Seller Handbook for important news and announcements about new features and tools.

You can find ongoing education, like top trends and marketplace insight in our Seller Handbook and by following our Etsy Success programming in the forums and via our podcast

How can I share my feedback on these updates?

We’d love to hear your thoughts on ways we can continue to invest in your shop’s success. Please share your ideas in this survey.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
44 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.