Etsy Module Goal Setting Feb 5-7

Jump to solution
FEBRUARY 5-7 WORK ON GOAL SETTING

Hello!! and welcome to Section 2 of week 1. Goal setting.

SO now that you have had a shop critique and found all of your weak points, What would you like to accomplish by the end of the month??

Now that your shop critique is completed you have an idea of what area(s) of your shop you want to work on.
You MUST chose 2 different goals to complete by the end of the month.
You and your partner will work together to accomplish your goals, then critique the completed tasks in week 4.

Example goals for sellers/Partners might be:
- Retake photos for a full page of items
- Stock shop with a full page of items
- Rework all title and tags for one section in your shop
- Design a new banner and avatar
- Contact 3 blogs for a feature
- Create and start a Facebook page
- Schedule 2 weeks of blog and or Social Media posts

Keep in mind that these goals should be realistic and manageable in the time of a month. This is not the place for longterm major milestones like “become a top seller or quit your day job within the next three years”.

What is required of you:
1) Check into the Module thread once daily by posting what you are working on today, and what you have completed.

2) Read and review the SMART Goal system
www.dummies.com/how-to/content/setting-smart-management-goals.html

3) Download the Goal Setting worksheet, PRINT IT OUT TWICE, and start filling it in with pen and paper.
USE ONE WORKSHEET FOR EACH GOAL. (Remember you need 2 goals)
https://www.etsy.com/blog/fr/files/2014/01/PagesdeEtsy_Worksheet_EN_goal.pdf?geo=international&utm_m...

4) Post EACH of your goals in the module thread ALONG with the following questions and answers from your work sheet.

- What materials, tools and knowledge will you need?
- How much time will this goal take?
- Will it challenge you to develop your shop?
- How will this goal enhance your shop?
- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal?

5) Pat yourself on the back for completing week 1, take a nap and get ready for week 2!!!

It is suggested 1 hour per week for this module, you can either do it all in one day or spread it out throughout the week.
All of your communication is expected to be posted in the module thread. You can of course send friendly messages through Etsy convo, but then please COPY and PASTE the conversation here. It is expected for every team member to see your progress and learn.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy Module Goal Setting Feb 5-7

Jump to solution
Sorry I seem to be having tremendous trouble with this link!
Here is the Goal Setting Worksheet.

https://www.etsy.com/blog/fr/files/2014/01/Pages-de-Etsy_Worksheet_EN_goal.pdf?geo=international&utm...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
58 Replies

Jump to solution
Good Morning and welcome to Section 2 of Week 1.

Familiarize yourself with the SMART goal setting concept. SMART a handy acronym for the five characteristics of well-designed goals.
The whole point of setting goals, after all, is to actually achieve them.

When it comes to writing your goals, it is suggested to actually print out the goal setting worksheet and hand write on paper. Of course most people don't bother to write down their goals. Instead, they drift through life aimlessly, wondering why their focus lacks purpose and significance. I am not saying that committing your goals to writing is the big win. It’s not. But it is the beginning.

5 REASONS TO WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS
1) Because it will force you to clarify what you want.
-Imagine setting out on a trip with no particular destination in mind.
How do you pack? What roads do you take? How do you know
when you have arrived?
2) Because it will motivate you to take action.
- writing down goals and reviewing them regularly provokes you to
take the next most important action.
3) Because it will provide a filter for other opportunities.
-The more successful you become, the more you will be deluged with opportunities.
4) Because it will help you overcome resistance.
- Every meaningful intention, dream, or goal encounters resistance
5) Because it will enable you to see AND CELEBRATE your progress.
- Life is particularly difficult when you aren’t seeing progress. You
may feel like you are working yourself to death, going nowhere.
Written goals are like mile-markers on a highway. They enable
you to see how far you have come and how far you need to go.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Not ready yet. Marking.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
the link for the goal setting worksheet does not work, is there another why to get it?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This part is really difficult, I am taking a look at it and I am having a hard time knowing where to start. Is anyone else finding this part challenging?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Marking
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Sorry I seem to be having tremendous trouble with this link!
Here is the Goal Setting Worksheet.

https://www.etsy.com/blog/fr/files/2014/01/Pages-de-Etsy_Worksheet_EN_goal.pdf?geo=international&utm...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Printed. I need to make these goals easily manageable because my month is really busy. Hopefully I'll have something nailed down later today.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
marking ..
0 Likes

Jump to solution
holiday season ?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Printed now time to figure this out
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Goal 1: add photos with mannequin or some form of measurement to 1/4 of my shop items (22)

- What materials, tools and knowledge will you need? mannequin, camera, some form of measurement tool for earrings & bracelets
- How much time will this goal take? 6-8 hrs
- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? yes - I've needed to do this for ages
- How will this goal enhance your shop? give customers a better visual of the product size
- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? Photos by Feb 14, Editing & upload by Feb 21

Goal 2: rework SEO/titles/tags to add top 5 terms I am trying to rank for

- What materials, tools and knowledge will you need? research
- How much time will this goal take? 4hrs
- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? yes
- How will this goal enhance your shop? get found by target customer
- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? research ongoing until Feb 14, add new info Feb 15 - Feb 21
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
OK, so here goes...

Goal #1 - Make a light box
This has been a "plan" in my head for awhile, and I got a little push from our meetup to try some different backgrounds. So I looked up Cara's link to the easy light box and will make it by the end of the month.

Goal #2 - to review the titles and tags for my stretch bracelet section. Part 1 of a massive project to review all my listings. I can't handle more than one section at a time, and there are 60 listings in this section. Will try to get it done by Feb 28.

Side goal #3 - to finish this module and have identified through it some areas to work on for the remainder of the year.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Goal 1: Redo photos for at least 1 of lunch bag, tote bag, card case including props for scale and interest.

1. I will need camera, props for my photos, practice with photo editing, new photo editing software that is hopefully free
2. At least 1 hr/week- the plan is to work on one item/week in February
3. Yes- improving photos
4. Improved photos will show variety in purpose and use of my products
5. March 1 deadline

Goal 2: Re design banner, avatar and order labels for my products that are cohesive with the products that I am selling.

1. Graphic design help- Joanna? :); search Etsy for label producers (I've been eyeing one in particular), brainstorming ideas
2. 1-2 hrs/week for the next 4-6 weeks?
3. Yes...will challenge me to think about what my brand will be and how I can make my shop design more cohesive with my products and style
4. More consistent branding
5. March 15

Bonus goal for me: Identify 2 more goals to work on in the next 3 months by the end of this module!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This was a tough one for me as there are so many things to do! So I think I will try for the two things that I feel are most important here at the beginning...

Goal 1: Add pictures to each listing to fill all five spots. Most important here is to take pictures of someone wearing each item.

- What materials, tools and knowledge will I need? Camera, model ( try to talk my nieces into doing this!) and a nice cloudy day so the light is right for the pictures...
- How much time will this goal take? 2 to 4 hours for the photo session and then another 2 to 4 hours for editing. Total of 4 to 8 hours.

- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? Yes, it will help me to see my items on another person and hopefully give me new ideas on design.

- How will this goal enhance your shop? It will showcase how my items look when being worn and show size of the items.

- When do you expect to complete your goal? Feb 14th. I will not be able to start working on this until the middle of next week...

Goal 2: Add enough items to my shop to at least fill one page.

- What materials, tools and knowledge will I need? Pictures, for at least 13 items. Descriptions and tags for each.

- How much time will this goal take? 20to 25 hours.

- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? Yes, it will help me to learn to better describe my items and make more items available to customers.

- How will this goal enhance your shop? There will be more variety in my shop which will hopefully bring in more views and more sales.

- When do you expect to complete your goal? Feb 20th, it will be an ongoing process through to this date.

Whew, now onto the really hard stuff. Keeping to a schedule.... I think this will actually help, harder to procrastinate I think!

( Little thank you to Andrea, I copied and pasted your format to save myself some typing!). ;)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Good Morning,

Welcome to Goal setting day 1.
I trust you are getting ready to complete your goal discussion. You have taken the time to write out your goals with pen and paper and are now ready to post them for the whole team to see!

Today I am going to choose two goals to complete by the end of February. Include the answers from the worksheet that you already completed below.
(Copy and paste)

Goal 1) Complete shipping upgrade listings and attach them to my listing descriptions

Goal 2) organize, design and update my new color chart as item image. Complete this in one section of my shop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Goal 1) Complete 5 completely new designs for my Art Jewelry section

supplies on route
approximately 40 hours
yes
it will display more variety
by Feb14

Goal 2) photograph , edit and list for relevancy the 5 completely new designs for my Art glass jewelry section
camera, lightbox, search tools and skills
20 hours
yes
more listings for customers
all 5 new designs listed by Feb 21
0 Likes

Jump to solution
WOW Melissa, 60 hours! That's motivating.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Yes Tricia creating new glass and the whole photographing and editing and writing content is time heavy ! fortunately I have completely the glass just need the rest of the supplies to get here ! According to Canada Post that should be Friday but I am going to go with Monday ! lol My prices definitely do not reflect the amount of work that goes into each piece BUT I know people will not pay the "what it is really worth "
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Here's my goals:

Goal #1: Increase my shop’s current inventory of music box animals and pillows by at least 12 more listings by March 1, 2014. This will be accomplished by adding 4 or more new items per week, over the next three weeks.

How much time will it take? Approximately 10 to 15 hours per item, or 40 to 60 hours per week.
How can your goal be accomplished? Just do it! I have the time, supplies, and knowledge needed.
How will this goal enhance your shop? Increased inventory provides the opportunity for increased traffic and views, which could lead to sales. In addition, is also provides an online location for my items to be viewed in conjunction with craft show applications.
By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? At least four new listing per week, with week running from Sunday through Saturday.

Goal #2: Complete and publish my shop’s About page and update and publish my shop’s Profile page to work in tandem with the new About page.

How much time will it take? 5 to 10 hours.
How can your goal be accomplished? Take photos (up to five) of creation process; write description of creation process and how my items are unique from others.
How will this goal enhance your shop? For those that are interested in knowing a little more about me or my creation process it will be available.
By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? Completed and published by
March 1, 2014.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Goal 1: Review and update my shop pages to include relevant and professional content.

- What materials, tools and knowledge will you need? I'll review some established shops for their policies, etc. Otherwise, I'll just need to sit down and actually decide what my policies, etc. will be.
- How much time will this goal take? Probably about 4 -6 hours total.
- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? Yes - this is an area that I need to improve
- How will this goal enhance your shop? Hopefully this will help my shop look more professional and trustworthy
- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? I would like to have this completed by February 23.

Goal 2: Add two complementary items to my shop by February 28. These two items will be of the same high quality as my current items for sale and will support the brand and image.

- What materials, tools and knowledge will you need? I might need to order more supplies for testing product and packaging.
- How much time will this goal take? 15 to 20 hours
- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? Yes - I've been slowly working on more content, but I haven't actually dedicated the time to finishing development.
- How will this goal enhance your shop? More content should help to my shop to look more professional
- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? I want to have product testing complete by February 21 and my new items listed by February 28
0 Likes

Jump to solution
SMART GOALS

Goal #1 Rephoto 6 listings in my cake and cupcake topper section.

What materials, tools and knowledge will you need?
I need to make toppers and bake/buy cupcakes/cakes

To remake 6 listings it will take about 3 hours, and a few hours to bake/buy cakes/cupcakes, photography and editing will take about 3 hours
Total estimated time: 8 hours

Yes, I want to show the product in use, and also have some photos to indicate sizes

It will give it a more overall polished look. Photos will hopefully be picked up by treasury makers, bloggers and pinners

- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal?What materials, tools and knowledge will you need?
It will take about 2 weeks to make the toppers and cakes,so by Feb 21, I should have all toppers ready to photo
By Feb. 28 I should have photos taken and start editing them and posting them.
I have all necessary supplies except the baked items

Goal #2 To clean/tidy my workspace/office.

This will take about 3 hours.

Yes, less clutter will mean that I will save time looking for things! More organized will help me to stay focused and hopefully to start tackling some more goals, like developing new product lines.

Yes

By February 28 I will have a desktop/office will be clutter free. I have boxes from Ikea already, just need to sort items.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
For my goals

1. Optimize my searches w/ SEO skills and complete editing 50 listings with tags, titles, and search words in the description.
Materials: Time :) and researching.
10-15 hours. This will help me with future searches, target customers. I know this is where I am lacking. Date march 1st

2. Plan 2 weeks of social media posts and tweets with research of which types of posts attract customers.
Materials: Again time and research
Time 5 hours
This will help achieve more likes and followers, polish my skills.
Date march 1st
Both of these goals I have been putting of for sometime. I really don't like researching and being online. I know this will help with future seasons! :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Defining my goals:
Rework on tags and listings
Stock my shop
To Tweet more
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Goal #1: Rework on all my tags and titles.
- What materials, tools and knowledge will you need? Time, etsy key word handbook, shop stats.
- How much time will this goal take? 5 to 8 hours.
- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? Yes.
- How will this goal enhance your shop? Yes because it can optimise my future searchers and get to right target customers.
- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? March 1

Goal # 2: Stock my shop with more items. More variety.
How much time will this goal take? 8-15 Days
- Will it challenge you to develop your shop? Yes because I have to work in more designs.
- How will this goal enhance your shop? Yes because it will give customers more variety in prices.
- By which dates will you need to achieve each element of your goal? March 1

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.