Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome to AA for addicts

I posted a question about this yesterday and was shocked at how many people have this problem. I have had three sales since my shop opened three weeks ago and yet I continue to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of beads. I can't stop. The internet just makes it so easy to buy whatever you want in a matter of moments. Well I hope none of your have gone bankrupt yet over this habit yet. Feel free to start new threads, be supportive of each other and figure out where the best deals are!

Mandy
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
415 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Welcome to AA for addicts

Hi all,

Very cool to see this team. I thought I was the only one addicted to buying beads. Can't help it. Addicted!!

I've been making cell phone cases with them for the last few months. Have sold lots personally but not any on Etsy yet. Fingers crossed!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Kreationsbykendra014
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing! I have found a lot of people of here that have an unhealthy addiction to beads. I LOVE beads. But, I need to focus more on making jewelry and less on buying more inventory.
0 Likes
BritzBeads
Conversation Maker

I love beads too! Even though I am selling beads from my store I closed last May I 'still' keep buying!! So remember whenever you buy from a supplier you are helping relieve their addiction or making it worse! :):)
0 Likes

I can honestly say that I have millions of beads. But I'm trying to break the habit by selling some of them off in my shop.
0 Likes
CoccinellaShop83
Inspiration Seeker

Hello, my passion is beads and i can't stop buy them. I continue to create sone jewelry
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello beadaholics! I just opened my craft shop a few days ago and I'm excited to get started. My shop sells almost anything crafty but I'm the beader in my shop and yes - I have WAY more beads than I know what to do with, but that doesn't stop me from buying new colours and styles!

It's a pleasure to be a part of your group and I can't wait to get involved!

-Melanie
0 Likes

Everybody has vices...My name if Jenn, and I am a bead-a-holic. I have far more beads than I will ever use in two lifetimes, and yes...I still buy more. But look at it this way, our vices are creative and healthful, and we are not hurting anybody, so whats the harm.

I came up with a fabulous solution years ago when I first started selling beadiful things...I told myself "I'm not shopping...I'm investing". And it may have been tongue and cheek 25 years ago, but since, my beads and beady creations have put me through university, bought my farm, built my small cabin, clothed my kids, and stated a small dairy herd. So I say embrace it...you never know where it will take you :)

I may be new to etsy, but my love for beads I'm sure will last a lifetime
0 Likes

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.