Etsy Feature Helps Sellers Who Offer Personalized Gifts

Etsy Feature Helps Sellers Who Offer Personalized Gifts

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2018/11/13/etsy-feature-helps-sellers-who-offer-personalized-gifts/

Etsy launched a new feature to help sellers who offer personalized gifts so buyers can provide details before they complete the checkout process.

The Etsy marketplace is known for handmade and vintage goods, and to get an idea of popular personalization is among its shoppers: Over 25% of sales on Etsy last November and December included a request to personalize an item.

Sellers can enable the new personalization feature on listings starting today. The feature allows sellers to control which listings have the new feature and which information buyers should include.

While it’s currently available for orders placed on desktop or on a mobile web browser, it’s not currently available on the Etsy mobile app. And, Etsy wrote, “We understand that you might still have orders that require a higher level of customization, and we encourage you to continue using custom orders in those cases.”

Sellers are leaving feedback about the new feature. One seller who loves the new box asks that it be moved closer to other fields on the individual Order page closer to the “note to seller” and “private notes.”

The seller explained, “I’m having some customers enter their personalization, and leave a “note to seller”, and I’ve already got a private note from a conversation with them – so I’ve got the information that I need to create their order in separate places. It’s a little overwhelming to make sure I’ve got all of their info and that it all matches from all three places. It would be much more convenient to have the personalization note up closer to the other notes if that is possible.”

One seller said it would have been better to wait until the feature was also available on the app, explaining it made it more challenging when providing customers with instructions. And another said it is not integrating with their third-party shipping software “and I have no time to fix it.”

Overall, the new feature seems to be well received by sellers thus far.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.