LisaRoseCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Hi everyone, what would y'all like to see?

Hi all, I've just been made a leader of the group and thought I'd introduce myself to everyone. My name is LisaRose, I run LisaRose crafts both on etsy and in my own online shop. I used to do a lot of crafts markets and sales but unfortunately have had to cut out most of them due to physical health issues. I love all things craft and am looking at starting a second Etsy shop to specialize more. Oh and I like to talk!!! but I'll stop now and ask "What would y'all like to see on here? " Would you be interested in help threads as well as some more games? maybe social media links? Just trying to get a feel for what everyone is interested in and why you're in the group?

Looking forward to seeing lots of posts and thanks to Sandy for promoting in the group.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Hi everyone, what would y'all like to see?

Hi LisaRose, thank you for accepting the offer of a group leader. I really appreciate it as I haven't had time to be able to look after the group but am trying to become involved again as I'm updating my etsy store with new printables. It's the nice side of instant download items, (unless new ones are being added it requires very little time to manage).

I look forward to working with you and building up the team to attract new members and making it more interactive :)

Be sure to let me know if you need any help with anything at all.

By the way, I love your shop and your gorgeous range of Christmas cards and supplies :)
0 Likes
LisaRoseCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Ahh thanks Sandy :-) I would definately think it'd be nice if there were a few more hours in the day! (or as you say easily managable shops). Love your animal prints, it amazing the difference some artwork can make to a room.

Hoping to engage with the team members more hence this thread, think we all have something to offer other team members (even if we don't believe we do!)
0 Likes
oAmmy
Inspiration Seeker

I really like the games in all the other teams i'm in and it seems to have helped a lot with views and sales imo.

Other than that, congrats!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have seen an "incognito" view in some other groups. They say that incognito views (required google chrome browser) boost both google search results and etsy rankings more than regular views because they count as a view from someone not logged on to etsy (i.e. external hit).

This may be rumor....I am no expert in these things. Would love to hear what others think and if there is a chance this will work to improve traffic then maybe we can give an incognito view game a try.
0 Likes
LisaRoseCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Lim,
I don't have chrome so not up on the requirements, but this does sound like the short link view (we have a short link game running) this is where you ony use part of the etsy address , which creates an external view not a view from a team within etsy. I'm not 100% on how all this works but it is supposed to help with search results. Hope that helps some, and maybe see you in the shortlink game.
0 Likes

Hi LisaRose,

I prefer 'post 1, fave 10' activities because it helps get seen in activity feeds of those who follow the favers and leads to new followers. Following each other as well - although we are limited to 1080 - but by also liking the shop, we are still connected.

I also like shop of the day/week activities but admit I don't always have time to participate. We each post 1 item from the featured shop and 1 from our own, then like all before us (or even 10 or 20 items before would be fine).

I also like to connect on social media, so threads where we can share our outside links are good. Then we can have repin, retweet, or comment type activities. Just yesterday a site I had enjoyed using, Polyvore, was taken over and shut down. That could happen on other sites too, so being connected elsewhere helps.

Thank you!
0 Likes
LisaRoseCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Marie,
Thanks for the suggestions, definately things I enjoy as well! Connections are made and it helps everyone in the team that participates.
Will look at starting some new threads along those lines.

I've not heard of polyvore ( and won't get a chance now) but sharing other social sites sounds like a good idea as well.
LisaRose
0 Likes

thank you :)
0 Likes

How about a 'post 1 fave 10' thread for special occasions, eg, one for Father's Day items, one for Independence Day items, etc?
0 Likes
LisaRoseCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Good idea Mairi - I'll start some threads up today
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.