Former_Member
Not applicable

Daily Tips

I'm going to add a new tip a day in this section, everyone is also welcome to add anything they think could help others, especially things that will help people new to etsy.

You can also use this section to ask questions.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO PROMOTE YOUR SHOP OR ITEMS, THIS THREAD IS TO HELP PEOPLE WITH TIPS AND TRICKS TO GROW FAST ON ETSY!

There are plenty of other threads for you to self promote or you can even feel free to start a new one. Promo posts will be deleted from this thread.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Daily Tips

IMAGE SIZES - VERY USEFUL INFO FOR SETTING UP YOUR STORE AND PROFILE

Image size on Etsy depends on where the image is on the site (sizes are in pixels)

Profile photo: 400 x 400

Shop Icon: 500 x 500

Shop banner: 760 x 100

Cover photo: The ideal size for your cover photo is 3360 x 840. The minimal size is 1200 x 300.

Team logo: 170 x 100

Item listing photo: 800-1000 pixels wide.
0 Likes
ZenHappyBaby
Registered Buyer

Thank you!
0 Likes

This is very helpful! Thank you✨
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Have you heard of Craftcount? It is a fantastic resource to inspire and motivate you when building your etsy store.

This is the TOP ETSY SELLERS! Look at their sales.. WOW

http://craftcount.com/

Spend some time studying how they use their shops to drive traffic, the way they use tags, photography, descriptions, titles, etc
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

cool... I've never even heard of this! thx
0 Likes
ZenHappyBaby
Registered Buyer

Thank you! Never heard about it but I was thinking to make a research on the successful shops, so this is very helpful!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for the useful information, I will check out the top stores.
More than anything i need to be patient ^_^
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I spend a lot of time reading and even buy the odd ebook. My latest is from Gail Oliver, this is her team link https://www.etsy.com/au/teams/21227/hot-marketing-tips

She has some really useful points to consider and I've found it very useful, I've posted a snippet from her site, you will get great info joining her group and browsing through her site, she is very generous with the amount of free information she shares :)

3 Product Trends Likely to Emerge This Year

* An increase in demand for “pride” and “identity” products. Whether it is for women, certain nationalities, various rights and freedoms, you will see an increase in positive message conveying products for different segments of the population. For example, thanks to last week’s Women’s March, “pussyhats” is a popular search on Etsy.

* An increase in demand for relaxation and stress relief products. Turbulent times mean people seek out other ways to find comfort and deal with stress. A fidget cube stress reliever is currently one of the top selling products on Amazon.

* An increase in demand for products made in one’s own country. All of this talk of free trade is a reminder of how important it is to support products made in your city and/or country. There has been a notable rise in searches on Etsy and Amazon for “made in …” products, so step up your marketing efforts to your local customer base.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great resource to make your descriptions really stand out, buyers love easy to read descriptions in a dot point so they can skim over your listing. Thank you Mike M from www.etsy.com/au/shop/PendantTreasury for sharing this in another team thread.

★ Post ANYTHING ★ plus ☛ ☛ ☛ Free Symbols to Use ☚ ☚ ☚

Appropriately using Symbols can be a Big Help in Listing Descriptions, About page, Announcement page, Policies page, and many more!

✔ Yes, feel free to be creative, respectful, and try out using one or more of the Free Symbols below that you can copy and paste for your appropriate, creative, and respectful use.

☎ Use when conversing or CONVOing another for a little added interest or effect.

♪ Maybe just add a little note to your words.

☂ Suggest protection in shipping?

◎ ◎ ◎ Some PROMOTION POSTING Thoughts ◎ ◎ ◎

Post and Promote from 1 to 5 Listings from your shop per post. If you post more than 5 all of the listings above 5 will not show photos and we all understand well that a photo can be worth 1,000+ words.

If you would like to consider posting 1 of your listings and 4 of your friends' listings that you want to thank for being your friends.

Or, if you have a treasury you would like to feature that would get a great way to show appreciation for up to 16 of your Etsy neighbors.

Consider too, adding a few introductory words and a few concluding comments as well. In other words post here with quality, good taste, and just a bit more than a "post & run" thread.

"Mark" this thread so you can come back and post again and again by simply referring to your threads that you have marked.

Enjoy, encourage, and emphasize too with just a sprinkle of appropriate and well placed symbols to add a little extra sparkle to your words; thanks.

Mike

✿ ❀ ❁ ❂ ❃ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✧

As you know on Etsy we are limited to what we can use in the way of text in our descriptions and other places. One or more of the appropriate symbols can help focus attention on the words we write or type. Not all symbols will work on Etsy. In general a symbol is an object that represents, stands for, or suggests an idea or thought. Following for your use are a significant number of symbols you may find beneficial to use appropriate to add some added interest in your descriptions, CONVOs, and other writings too. They are provided here for your appropriate use; all you need to do is copy and paste the one or ones who wish to beneficially make use of in an appropriate and respectful way. The size you see is the size you will get.

Example of a symbol’s use:

> Announcing my brand new product
» Announcing my brand new product
→ Announcing my brand new product
⇒ Announcing my brand new product
∞ Announcing my brand new product
≫ Announcing my brand new product
⌘ Announcing my brand new product
☀ Announcing my brand new product
★ Announcing my brand new product
☆ Announcing my brand new product
☎ Announcing my brand new product
☑ Announcing my brand new product
☛ Announcing my brand new product
☯ Announcing my brand new product
♪ Announcing my brand new product
❤ Announcing my brand new product
➽ Announcing my brand new product
❶ Announcing my brand new product

The Symbols have been placed here vertically to provide for easy highlighting and copying for your appropriate use.
<
>
@
¢
£
¤
¥
¦
§
©
®
«
»
¼
½
¾
Σ
Φ
Ψ
Ω
Ж
Ѡ
҂

✿ ❀ ❁ ❂ ❃ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✧

Here is just an example:

First, please let me thank you so very much for going through this long list of symbols that you may find useful in adding a little extra sparkle to your posts and more!

✿ For Owl Lovers

www.etsy.com/listing/160649307/glass-dome-pendant-or-scrabble-tile?...

❀ For Frog Lovers

www.etsy.com/listing/153821482/fg5-frog-glass-dome-or-scrabble-tile...

❁ For Jewelry Photo Lovers

www.etsy.com/listing/153768249/jg28-red-pearls-time-glass-dome-or?r...

❂ The Right Pendant Gift will always be Her First Initial

www.etsy.com/listing/158311939/a-thru-z-enamel-black-glass-dome-or?...

❃ For those who love the look of a vintage timepiece

www.etsy.com/listing/154077692/cg13-time-stands-still-with-this-clo...

♛ For some just interesting and entertaining browsing, please stop by; you're always welcome!

www.etsy.com/shop/PendantTreasury

✿ ❀ ❁ ❂ ❃

The Pendant Treasury™ where Quality always comes 1st!

★ ∞ ∽ ∾ ∿ ⌘ ⏎ ░ ▒ ▓ ◎ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☇ ☈ ☜ ☞ ☯ ♛ ♥ ♦ ✔ ✖ ✪ ✫ ✿ ❃ ❶ ❷ ❸ ❹ ❺ ➩ ➭ ➮ ➽
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've just made a thread about Etsy teams www.etsy.com/teams/29882/24-7-clicks/discuss/18265081/

This is an excerpt from my research on the etsy algorithm which I've included in my mini tutorial.

Have you heard of the Etsy algorithm? It is the process it goes through when determining the list of result shown after a search is performed. The algorithm analyses the following:
• The amount of hearts and views an item has.
• How recent the listing is, some sellers frequently renew their items to maintain high rankings on search results.
• The amount of 5 star reviews the item has.
• Having a promoted listing also gains an advantage to showing up higher in the results.

Competition on Etsy is steep so the more you can increase the above points, the better chance your item will show on the first few pages and seen by buyers.
0 Likes

Thanks for helpful tips✨
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom ❤️❤️❤️
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Are you using coupons?

They are a great way to get repeat customers coming back for more.. I've pasted below from Etsy how to create and promote your coupons.

Creating and Promoting Your Coupon Code

To offer discounts to buyers, you can create three types of custom coupon codes.

Percent Discount: A flat percentage off each listing in a shopper's entire order (not applied to shipping costs or tax rates).
Free Shipping: Removes standard shipping costs on the shopper's order. This can be limited to orders shipped within your country.
Fixed Dollar Amount Discount: Subtracts a set amount, such as $5, from an order.
A buyer can enter your code during checkout. Learn how to apply a coupon code during checkout.

To create a coupon code, your shop needs to be open to the public. If it is, follow these steps to create your code:

1.) Go to Your shop > Promote > Coupon codes.

2.) Click Create New Coupon.

3.) Enter a 5-20 character alphanumeric code. Each code for your shop must be unique.

If you select to make it a Thank You Coupon, we'll email it automatically to buyers after they purchase from you. That way, you encourage repeat business. Buyers need to opt in to get these emails under You > Account settings > Emails. You can only have one active Thank You Coupon at a time.

4.) Choose the type of coupon from the dropdown menu: Percent Discount, Free Shipping, or Fixed Discount.

5.) Set the status as active or inactive. Click Add Coupon to create the coupon code.

Note: If you choose the Fixed Discount option you must enter a minimum purchase price. In addition, your fixed discount cannot be higher than 90% of the minimum purchase price.

Due to the way we have to calculate the discounts associated with coupons, occasionally fixed discounts can be off by a very small amount.
0 Likes

GREAT advice. thank you!
0 Likes

Wow thanks for the advice
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.