etsy chat

Bonjour, j'aimerai parler avec quelqu'un du chat etsy car j'ai reçu un email me demandant mon numéro de tva mais je n'en ai pas car je suis autoentrepreneur mais personne ne répond, avez vous aussi reçu ce mail ?
Merci

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: etsy chat

@ChouetteOwl   I found this - it's from 2022, so not 100% sure it still applies - but it makes sense to me -

https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-Things-Finance/Quickbooks-Self-Employed-and-VAT/m-p/139854578

Hopefully others with update / confirm!

0 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: etsy chat

@ChouetteOwl  If you received the email from Etsy asking for your VAT number then you are at the limit with your earnings to be able to continue without one. Etsy reports all income to each countries tax authorities. If you haven’t applied for one you need to to it soon. Once Etsy sends out that email you have a very limited time before they force your shop into holiday mode. 

1 Like

@SunnytyDE VAT is not related to earnings.  One is either registered for VAT or not depending on each country's laws.  I have never been asked nor provided any number in relation to my income but this would not be a VAT number.  VAT stands for Value Added Tax and is a tax on a product, nothing to do with someone's income. 

@CraftyCornishMaids  Sorry to summon you but maybe you know what this is about and can clarify.  Thanks.

1 Like

It could be one of 2 things......

The EU has signed up to the new DAC7 laws

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/17795509361431-What-Information-Does-Etsy-Report-for-EU-Sell...

Etsy is not good at understanding the difference between VAT number and Tax Id number

I believe you can enter your siret/siren

Otherwise, it could be you are approaching the threshold to register for VAT - etsy normally contacts you way before the threshold is reached, they do then need a VAT number

there is the vat threshold for your country, but also a vat threshold for selling from your country, to the rest of the EU

For e-merchants with microenterprise status: Since 1 July 2021, e-merchants making sales in other EU countries can register for the One-Stop-Shop VAT if their turnover exceeds €10,000. Please note! The €10,000 threshold is not an annual threshold. Once the threshold is exceeded you will have to declare your intra-Community VAT on the OSS one-stop shop regardless of the turnover achieved in subsequent years.

1 Like
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

@JJewellerySuppliesUK  In Germany and I believe in France and other EU countries also, when you register with Etsy they need your personal tax ID and report earnings under that number. Your bill from Etsy for all the charges contains VAT at this point. Once you approach a certain amount in earnings (in Germany I think it was around 2000€) then Etsy requires the VAT ID even for small business owners who otherwise wouldn’t have to apply for one but it is needed for Etsy (and other selling platforms like eBay). 

After you upload the number then they report the earnings to the tax authorities under that number and the bill won’t contain VAT anymore. After that it’s up to each business owner to pay the VAT to the tax office on their own. 

In that email from Etsy it states a time limit on how long you have before they close the shop. I remember I applied for one before I got that email and it took about 2 weeks to arrive so I was ready when the email came but I’ve heard stories of it taking several months and sometimes the tax offices are even confused and deny the number because technically, if you are a small business here you won’t need one until your earnings reach 22500€. Then you have to explain to them why. 

1 Like

@SunnytyDE See Crafty's response above.  

1 Like
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

@JJewellerySuppliesUK  Right, it sounds like the OP is reaching the threshold for VAT and if she doesn’t comply by the date mentioned in her email then Etsy will force the shop into vacation mode. 

1 Like

Bonjour @ChouetteOwl , avez vous pu régler votre problème?

J'ai reçu un email de Etsysupport aujourd'hui, me demandant de revérifier mes informations fiscales.

Je suis donc allée sur l'onglet Finances>Informations légales et fiscales, et là , je vois qu'on me demande d'entrer un numéro de TVA , que je n'ai pas puisque je suis sous le régime de micro-entreprise qui ne nécessite pas de numéro de TVA, je n'ai qu'un numéro de SIRET qui est déjà indiqué plus bas.

Je ne sais pas quoi faire, il est indiqué que si je ne mets pas à jour mes informations sous  60 jours, je risque de ne plus pouvoir vendre sur la plateforme.

Est-ce la dernière goutte d'eau qu'il me fallait pour me chasser définitivement d'Etsy? Après le nombre de vues et de ventes en chute libre, ils ont mis mon compte en réserve de paiement et maintenant ça... je n'ai presque plus envie de faire des efforts pour satisfaire Etsy. Ca commence à faire beaucoup trop pour moi.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.