HappeeTeesCo
Inspiration Seeker

does customer support not care?

I know there are several posts about trying to reach customer service... i have read them all.

I am trying to set up a shop and so frustrated at the lack of response from customer service. First to not have a phone option is the worst. A 5 minute phone conversation could solve everything but we have to jump through hoops to even try to email or start a support ticket. I have no chat option. Then i get an automated response which obviously does not answer my question or i would have done that in the beginning. 

I have one support ticket that was started last week and miraculously someone answered... but it's been a week and they haven't gotten back to me. Started a new one today, got another automated email and asked for human support... still waiting. 

If Etsy wasn't such a great commerce option..  I would run so fast.  Anyone found any other solutions to getting support. I have gone through all of the support options given on the site.

In the meantime, they have my site on "vacation" and i can't even get in to work on it.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
14 Replies
LilMissSweetPea
Conversation Maker

Re: does customer support not care?

There are millions of sellers trying to reach customer service, it takes a while. Don't keep opening tickets because that puts you to the back of the line when you do that. Did you not receive an email as to why they put your store on vacation? Opening the store you need to make sure to follow instructions and input the banking info exactly as they ask for it.  Other than that I don't know the reasons, unless your banking information wasn't complete.

0 Likes
HappeeTeesCo
Inspiration Seeker

yes of course i followed all of the steps. Its an issue that cannot be figured out without a human to help me.

0 Likes

You have no payment options showing in your shop.  That along with the typical Shop Announcement that Etsy uses could mean they need some kind of ID or financial information from you.  Also, is your credit card up to date, maybe expired?

3 Likes
HappeeTeesCo
Inspiration Seeker

I know what my issue is. That is not the issue. Its that it requires human interaction to remedy which i am having a hard time getting. 

0 Likes

"I know what my issue is". As a relatively new Seller, you may "think" you know what your issue is but, perhaps, if you asked here we may be able to help?

You are a new Shop with no Payment Account / Etsy Payments showing on your home page.

But you have had 5 Sales, so you must have had Etsy Payments at some stage.

That fact, along with the "Vacation" notice are, generally, a very strong indicator of the fact that your first sale/s triggered a manual verification of your Bank and ID documents. This is very common.

And, Etsy Support would not be able to assist you with verification issues. They would just put your issue in the same queue as your Support Ticket

It is just not true to think "A 5 minute phone conversation could solve everything". All that conversation would do is result in an escalation of the issue to the relevant "team"

If your issue is a process issue, then Etsy Support will only have access to the same Help Center / TOU / House Rules docimentation as we all do. They know no more than and, in most cases, understand less than most of Forum contributors.

If your issue is a technical one, then you need to open one Ticket and keep responding with "No! My issue is not resolved / I still need help"

Eventually, this will be handled by a real person, but I suspect the Tech Team / Engineers have many requests higher up in the queue than yours.

12 Likes
HappeeTeesCo
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your response. I am a new shop but not new to Etsy as i have been selling here for about 8 years now.

I don't need bold quotations of what i wrote... seems a bit condescending to me.. as if i don't know what I am talking about. I know very well what i am talking about and I know what my issue is.... and I know how i need to proceed to get it resolved which is to have a consistent conversation with someone who would actually READ my needs and respond with more than an automated answer as that gets me nowhere.

I didn't write this so that everyone can assume i don't know what i'm doing... but to voice my concern in the lack of customer service here.

I appreciate you taking time to respond. 

0 Likes

You need to open 1 ticket, you will get an auto reply
you have to answer that saying you still need help
then every day after that. I go in and reply that I stull need elp, to keep the same ticket going.

do not open multiple tickets

you may think it's a 5 minute fix, but it may not be.

does all your ID match exactly,

so if your tax ID is Jane S Smith, your bank account is too, and ID, and legal info
nothing says Jane Sue Smith or just Jane Smith.

1 Like
HappeeTeesCo
Inspiration Seeker

thank you. I know what my issue is... that is not the issue.

the issue is getting consistent help from support to help me fix it.

I know how this works. I know not to open several tickets. I just want a conversation with a human to actually answer my questions.

but thanks

0 Likes
HappeeTeesCo
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you to those who have responded. I guess I wasn't clear in my post that my issue isn't my WHAT my issue is... .i KNOW what it is so I don't need speculation on that. That is not my problem.
And i know the steps to getting support.... i don't need guidance in reaching out.

I am just voicing my frustration at the fact that i cannot get consistent help and a conversation with a person to actually address my issue to a resove. That's it.  I didnt know if anyone else had better luck.

but thank you for taking time to respond. 

0 Likes

I have better luck,

I open one request, and keep replying to it every day, and it goes up the chain.

0 Likes
HappeeTeesCo
Inspiration Seeker

thanks... i've been trying. Just not a response in 10 days... 
And i've sent other emails and if they respond, it's like they don't read what i write and send the same response which isn't helping... if i respond to that email... i get nothing. 
Glad you've had luck!! I will keep (trying) to be patient

1 Like

@HappeeTeesCo wrote:

thanks... i've been trying. Just not a response in 10 days... 
And i've sent other emails and if they respond, it's like they don't read what i write and send the same response which isn't helping... if i respond to that email... i get nothing. 

This is why most people instead just ask the forum community for help.  

1 Like
irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

@HappeeTeesCo Etsy support usually sends people to Forum to look for answers. If you know your problem and mentioned it here, somebody who had same issue might offer you a solution.

If Etsy offered phone support to all new shops, our fees would triple.

0 Likes

You seem determined to save a description of your issue for support ... for human help.

Good luck. Etsy support is pretty scarce.

And although forum participants can't actually do stuff in the Etsy system, it's amazing how much collective knowledge there is and how quickly it is shared and some of it is exactly what is needed to resolve an issue.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.