Baubababoutique
Inspiration Seeker

Technical problem with my star seller response rate

Hello! I' m a star seller and i' m working hard to keep my badge.

Today i discovered a mistake in my message response rate that can affect my badge: a person wrote me 4 days ago asking assistance and i answered soon as usual but the chat opened a new conversation . So the first one seems without answer but i did  immediately ant not over 24 hours...How can i save my badge?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
6 Replies

Re: Technical problem with my star seller response rate

@Baubababoutique: Have you checked the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page to confirm which new Message threads Etsy thinks were unanswered or answered late? Usually this situation arises because the buyer sends you a Message and also opens a Help Request. Help Requests always start a new thread. If that is the case, you still need to reply to (or mark as spam) the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else.

1 Like

This is an Etsy problem.

1 Like

@VintageByGaslight 

It is not an etsy problem

The seller didn't reply to each new message thread

help request threads are deliberately a new thread, because they start the clock ticking for the case to be opened,

It is a seller mistake for not replying to the new thread

0 Likes

You have to reply to each new message THREAD in 24 hours

different ways of contacting you, like through help request, can open a new message thread

you need to answer them all

0 Likes

Sorry to read this is affecting you. This is happening to me. I receieved an email from Etsy 18 days or so after the 'loss' of my badge last month (April). I received a 'sorry' message from them and my star seller badge was reinstated. I was informed that I would "keep my star seller badge for May" to make up for it.  Yesterday 1st May the same thing happened my message respose rate is down to 90%! The email I received from them will not allow me to reply. I hope this gets sorted out since it's not only hurting those of us who strive to do our best but Etsy too.

0 Likes

Mark the one you didn't answer as spam and your score might recalculate. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.