TAUBECANDLE
Inspiration Seeker

Receiving the “star seller” badge.

On April 29th I had a sale and my account immediately changed to $295, but when I had 2 sales on April 30th for about $40 (not including shipping), my account remained at $295. I deliberately made them quickly and designed them and it should have been updated. I made 5 sales (I have more), responded to messages within the first 10 minutes and always used tracking labels. I have my first sale since July 2023. Why don’t they want to give me a star seller badge, and the support agent, instead of waiting and helping (I asked for a couple of minutes to translate my thoughts into English), just abandoned me and turned off the chat, although before that he was waiting while I was writing other messages. Where's the justice? over the past 1.5 months I have 5 reviews with 5 stars and I want people to see my service. And I thought that Etsy wanted to help its customers find quality products through sellers who do more than their fair share for their customers.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Receiving the “star seller” badge.

@TAUBECANDLE 

What time did you receive the orders on the 30th? Was it later in the day? If so then that may be why. Star seller bits are in UTC time so if those orders came in after midnight UTC time then they will counted on the 1st not the 30th.

0 Likes
TAUBECANDLE
Inspiration Seeker

Florida time is UTC-4. One order at 9.50 pm and I had time to make a shipping label because this type of item was made. The second one is around 11:45 p.m., but even with the first one, I passed the $300 threshold.

0 Likes

@TAUBECANDLE 

Pretty sure 9:50pm eastern is 1:50 am UTC (after midnight UTC) and 11:45pm eastern is 3:45am UTC (after midnight UTC)

Both orders were after midnight UTC so will be counted as the 1st not the 30th. 

2 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

It takes about 24 hours for orders to update for Star Seller.  I am sure they are counted now.

0 Likes

Did you look and see whether you met all the criteria? Since your shop doesn't show any of the badges at all, it seems like you perhaps have not.

0 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

they didn't meet the 5 orders in time. 

0 Likes
TAUBECANDLE
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, I fulfilled them, I place orders in 1 day, ship them with tracking, respond to messages within 10 minutes and have had 11 sales up to this point and my last 5 reviews were 5 stars. My store is marked by Etsy as "Top shop for gifts", but this is visible as soon as you enter it, it is not the same as a "star seller", but it is also nice.

0 Likes
TAUBECANDLE
Inspiration Seeker

It’s just that a couple of minutes ago they decided to take my orders into account, and as for the May rating, why? They should have been taken into account back in April, but they did so in the May ranking. Yes, they write about processing within 24 hours, but it should be taken into account on the day the order is placed, that is, April 30. This is very frustrating because yesterday I was so happy that I received two orders at the end of the month and can become a “star seller”.

0 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

sotty, that's just the way it is.  you can watch and see when Star Seller updates.  Feedback updates faster that 24 hours.  The others are all about 24 hours.

0 Likes

@TAUBECANDLE Sales / Orders are  recorded using UTC timestamps, not a Shop's local time.

Additionally, Sales / Orders are attributed to the Month they were due to Ship (Processing Timeframe) not when they were received and shipped.

This is intentional so as not to disadvantage any Seller who still has "spare" Processing time which takes them into the NEXT Month

Orders on the last days of any month which have a Processing Timeframe which makes them "due" in the next Month are attributed to the NEXT Month 

4 Likes
TAUBECANDLE
Inspiration Seeker

I didn't know about this, why don't Etsy make a timer for the end of the month. Well, even if so, why on other days my balance was updated normally, but on the last one it froze completely.

I still don’t think that anyone has more time or any privilege, because each of us has exactly 24 hours in a day.

0 Likes
TAUBECANDLE
Inspiration Seeker

I tried to find information in the links that were sent to me in the support chat, but I didn’t find anything about the time zone when taking into account the “star seller”, where can I read about this?

0 Likes

@TAUBECANDLE I do not have the specific Etsy documentation to hand at this time.

When I am able to  I will post the link/s here.

However, this is the way the SSP has operated since implementation in Aug/Sept 2021

The Star SellerMessage/Shipping/Review CSV data is all reported in UTC.

For Messaging, any initial Message must be replied to within 24 hours of receipt  Therefore, if the 24 hours allowed for a response takes that message into the next Month, then the Mesaging metric is attributed to the next Month

For Shipping, if an Order has a Processing Timeframe which takes it into the next Month, then that metric is attributed, regardless of when it was fulfilled/shipped, to the next Month

For the 2 qualifying benchmarks, the Orders to which the $ Revenue and Sales Volume belong must be received by midnight UTC on the final day of the Month.

This does not become apparent for many people because few of us are watching our data so closely at the end of the Month, relying on last day Orders to meet the USD $ 300 / 5 Orders benchmarks.

Whilst it may seem that you have "lost" 2 Orders and the associated revenue as well as 4 hours on 30 April, it is also true that you will have theses Orders included in the next Month 4 hours earlier than others. So you will have these statistics contributing to your SSP metrics for March April and May instead of Feb March and April. In the end they are counted for exactly the same 3 Month Period before they "drop off". So, these 2 Orders will show in SSP results for Badge/s awarded June, July and August instead of May, June and July,

The above information has been confirmed as correct many time in Forums by Etsy Mods who contributed to confirm and explain the UTC and last day/s of the month issues.

1 Like

@TAUBECANDLE: I don't believe that there is specific documentation about time zones, but you can verify this by looking at the CSV files on your Star Seller page and it has been confirmed in posts by Etsy mods.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.