Print On Demand store getting no international exposure

Jump to solution

Hi,

I hope someone on here can help with this. My store in relatively new (4 months) and am seeing sales slowly build up however my first two sales came from Germany and Australia after that I've not sold a single item outside the UK.

I'm using Printify and thought this maybe something to do with shipping profiles so have tried creating a manual one instead of the defaults Printify provide stating shipping costs for all countries.

Still not seeing any sales outside the UK. Does anyone know why this maybe? Is there ab obvious setting I've missed?

Many thanks

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Print On Demand store getting no international exposure

Jump to solution

I looked at your puppy mug,

you have a "no returns" policy, that is illegal when you are a seller in the UK, you need a 30 day return policy

and shops with no returns policies don't tend to get the sales others do,

you are also missing other legal requirements, such as name and address in sellers details gdpr policy, right to withdraw policy, these are also legal requirements, and also give a bump in search.

your headings and tags are spammy, and use repeat words, you need them to use more search terms, and no duplicates, you are in a very saturated market, you need to make sure your seo is spot on

View solution in original post

3 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I assume you are using a UK production partner? UK customers are shown UK shops first - this is called localisation.

Whilst there is no localisation for US buyers - US buyers are more likely to order from shops using a US production partner because the shipping time is faster plus established US shops will rank higher because they have more sales history. Also if the shipping cost from UK to US is higher then that will be a major factor.

Your Australian sale may just be an exception.

View solution in original post

1 Like
8 Replies
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

spammy titles with too much repetition. you only need to say dental hygienist once in a title. Check your SEO.

AND, in a world full of POD that has been active for a while, you've only been open for a minute & late to the game with only 82 listings to compete and be seen amongst the sea of similar listings.

edited to add... just noticed the shipping cost for a mug to the USA... youza!!!  why aren't you using a USA POD partner?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for the feedback. I see what you mean about having a US partner for US sales. Will amend!

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

This listing does no even say it's a mug - it does say it can be personalized but you have not enabled personalization for the buyer:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1710646218/occupational-therapist?click_key=6761724405588ca65549d608dc6...

2 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

and it says "Use our beginner-friendly Mockup Generator to see how your artwork looks on these mugs in real life."

well that's not gonna happen. Etsy has not enabled those AI powers... yet.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, I am a little puzzled as it does say Mug in the description and I can see the personalisation drop down box enabled. Its a new listing so maybe you caught it while I was still working on it. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@SparklingOasisGifts and now it says mug, personalized, & gift too many times. It only needs to say these words once in a title. Make it flow in short sentences / phrases.

"Occupational Therapist Definition Mug, Personalised Mug, Customised Mug, Personalised Gifts, Custom Gifts, Humour Gifts, Funny Gifts"

could be: Personalized Occupational Therapist Definition Mug, 11oz Ceramic Coffee Cup, Customized Funny Office Humour Gift

and then the description needs to include an organic paragraph about the actual mug and occ therapy.

and curse words need to be bleeped from the first photo and the listing needs to be tagged mature. Etsy likes to shadowban risque items
https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/listing-mature-content-correctly/242665462117?ref=list

maybe ask for a shop critique

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I looked at your puppy mug,

you have a "no returns" policy, that is illegal when you are a seller in the UK, you need a 30 day return policy

and shops with no returns policies don't tend to get the sales others do,

you are also missing other legal requirements, such as name and address in sellers details gdpr policy, right to withdraw policy, these are also legal requirements, and also give a bump in search.

your headings and tags are spammy, and use repeat words, you need them to use more search terms, and no duplicates, you are in a very saturated market, you need to make sure your seo is spot on

3 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I assume you are using a UK production partner? UK customers are shown UK shops first - this is called localisation.

Whilst there is no localisation for US buyers - US buyers are more likely to order from shops using a US production partner because the shipping time is faster plus established US shops will rank higher because they have more sales history. Also if the shipping cost from UK to US is higher then that will be a major factor.

Your Australian sale may just be an exception.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.