RejectingRetail
Inspiration Seeker

On time Delivery - star seller

How do I have hand deliveries not affect my star seller status? I put in the tracking info that the item was hand delivered but it seems not to matter. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: On time Delivery - star seller

From the star seller info in the help centre:

"What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping."

0 Likes

Etsy doesn't really support hand delivery in my opinion which is so very bizarre given their push on "local" purchases.    I suspect some of it may be driven by credit card chargebacks - with a confirmed delivery on a tracking number, it's harder to claim not received than it is for hand carry - but that's just my own crack pot theory. 

It's a shame because it really frustrates local customers - they don't understand why the item has to filter through USPS for a day or four (at the rate they're currently running) instead of driving to a site in the same zip code.

0 Likes

How do I have hand deliveries not affect my star seller status? 

you can't

0 Likes

@RejectingRetail: Delivery and / or pickup are valid ways to 'complete' an order but will always negatively impact Star Seller.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.