Etsy deactivaded my digital word search puzzle....

Jump to solution

Hello,

Etsy has deactivated my Summer word search puzzle after i have uploaded it. They have deactivated it one minute after publish. I know that i have checked the list 5x this week before publish it. I don't know why they did this. I have checked the listing again, but i can't find anything what has triggered the bot. Did the bot deactivate it because i uploaded a video to that list after publish it?

EDIT:  Tags are: Word Games, Wordsearch Puzzle, Printable Puzzle, Game for Kids, Game for Children, Game for Adults, Instant Download, Digital Download, Summer Party Games, Summer Activity, Summertime Games, Summer Game

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy deactivaded my digital word search puzzle....

Jump to solution

Good news, the digital summer puzzle is been reviewed and reactivated by Etsy. I have removed the word "Children" tags to make sure that the bot doesn't de-activate the listing again. And thank you all for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CrazyCreaOwl  May have been an error. If so a human employee is supposed to review the listing and reactivate if its ok. What does your title say and did you review all words in your description? 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, i think it is a error. I just got a e-mail that i sell probidden item. And that they will check my listing in a few days.

This is the title: Digital Summer Word Search Puzzles, Printable Word Search Puzzles, PDG, JPG, US Letter, Instand Download

And this is my description: 

Enjoy your summer with a Summer Themed Word Search Puzzle!
The full page puzzles are large print... perfect for adults and children.
----------------------------------------------------------
DETAILS:

Instant download digital word search pack, US Letter Size.

- Level: Easy, Normal and Advanced.
- 8.5"X 11" Inches, 216 x 279 mm - US Letter size.
- JPG & PDF files.
- 5 Full pages, color ink - large print
- 5 Full pages, black ink - large print
- 5 Word Search answer keys (5 Color & 5 Black)

- 1 zipped JPG files & 1 PDF file in color.
- 1 zipped JPG files & 1 PDF file in black.
- Files comes in 2 ZIP files.

- You can print the puzzles at home or a printing store.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If it was taken down that quickly

there was something in heading, descriptions, picture, or tags that the bots didn't like

you can appeal, but it takes a while for a human to review it.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes i think that there is a word hidden what the bot didn't like. I just got a canned respond that they will check my listing in a few days. But i think that the words "children" and "Kids" is the problem?

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CrazyCreaOwl  You may be right. There is a Etsy disclaimer at the bottom of your other puzzle listing about children etc.  I still think it's an error but it's something to think about in future listings. Sometimes you just have to figure it out since Etsy doesn't make it very clear. 

Also, your digital puzzle title has a misspelled word.  I can't type the word  here because it autocorrects to "I stand".  lol. Thought you'd like to know. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the misspelled word. I have correct it.

And you are right about the disclaimer. I see it now to under that other puzzle. But i didn't have used any "Child"or "Kids" words in that listing. That must be why that puzzle is still up and the other not. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CrazyCreaOwl: It is almost impossible to speculate on why a particular listing was deactivated. Since Etsy is now also factoring descriptions in search, they along with titles, tags, and materials (and possibly even alt tags if you are using them) are all probably being checked. And the bots are also "reading" images. Plus we have to be careful to not think that it is a single word - we just do not know what combination of possibly multiple factors constitute the trigger that flagged your listing.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, i did got a canned message from them that they will look in to it within 3-5 business days. But i also know that they will never let you know why it is deactivated. The e-mail did say that listing was flagged by Etsy under prohibited items policy. I really hope that it is a bot mistake and nothing serious. I don't even dare to edit that listing right now.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

OP, marketing any item as suitable for children could incur extra scrutiny from Etsy to be sure you didn't violate some law or Etsy rule. Are there any prohibited or shadowbanned words like sexy, ivory, amber, knives, guns, weapons? I would wait for a review by Etsy and then create a new listing not marketed to children. You don't want to lose your shop over one listing.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I didn't use any prohibited or shadowbanned words in the word search so far i know. I have checked every word before using it for the puzzle. The words are just simple words like: Beach, camping,  fireflies, summer ect. I only have used simple summer themed words.

And thank you for your advice. I just wait for a review by Etsy to see what is going on. And then i will create a new listing not marketed to children. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Good news, the digital summer puzzle is been reviewed and reactivated by Etsy. I have removed the word "Children" tags to make sure that the bot doesn't de-activate the listing again. And thank you all for the help.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.