Etsy closed case within 2 minute without my involvement, from the tracking package it's been deliver

I have a customer opening a case for an item not received and Etsy closed the case within 2 minute (refund from my funds) without my involvement, but from the tracking the package it's been delivery to the buyer address. I try to the Etsy Help Center and chat but they cannot help me, they give me this link to dispute the outcome of this case but no one answered:

(https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new#issue_sell_dispute_case_resolution-solution_primary).

Is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Etsy closed case within 2 minute without my involvement, from the tracking package it's been del

appeal

and make sure all your policies are compliant with the places you sell to (e.g. 30 day returns are required when selling to UK and Europe).

1 Like

Re: Etsy closed case within 2 minute without my involvement, from the tracking package it's been del

The buyer would have to have sent you a "help request" message first, and you need to reply to that in 24 hours

Once 48 hours from the help request message, and if it's after the estimated delivery date, they can open a case.

You HAVE to reply to that message in time, otherwise etsy refunds, and as you haven't followed etsy's tous, they recoup from you.

You don't have the message badge, so I wonder if you are missing the messages, or replying after 24 hours.

2 Likes

@HappenPlaceVintage 

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. It's unfair and unprofessional that they don't give you any time at all to answer the case

It's happened to others too.

0 Likes

Etsy gives 48 hours, after the help request is opened, that is the time to sort it out.

It used to be 48 hours after the case was opened, but sellers complained and said that they wanted buyers to have to contact them first, before a case is opened,

so that's what etsy did, changed the 48 hours time to be after the help request, rather than the case being opened .... by popular demand

1 Like

Shop policies are required to be compliant with the country the item is being shipped to.  Etsy may even now decide that non-compliant shop policies are an issue even if the item is going to a country not the EU/UK so that may be why the decision for Etsy to seek recoupment from you.

Did the item arrive within the time frame suggested for delivery or was it delayed?  Did you receive a Help message from the buyer?  That gives you 48 hours to discuss with the buyer and to check status.  If the buyer received no response from you, they can up the case.  Some have reported messages going into spam that are legit messages.  Check your spam folder to see if it ended up there.  I do a quick check daily since this problem was noted.

1 Like

Hi there, similar issue here! I’ve also found a legal site with several people asking about a class action lawsuit against Etsy for violating this policy. 
I sent my customer a return label, they opened a case against me, Etsy closed the case with zero time to respond and favored the customer. Now I won’t get my product back. I have spoken to several other small business owners in my network and they have all had similar experiences. 
currently looking for a lawyer who will take the case. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.