POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

Credit Cards Still NOT Processing in My Shop

When Buyers are pressing the Place Order button they keep getting an error: 

Oh dear. There was a problem submitting your order. Please give it another shot. If you continue to have problems, please contact support.

I now know of at least 7 Buyers who were unable to make a purchase. They did contact support and tried everything they suggested, different payment methods, update app, try it on a desktop, update browser on computer. These are the people I know of and am very worried of the number I don’t know about. No Buyer will continue to jump through so many hoops they will simply move on to another shop. 

I have been in contact with Seller Support for over a week now through Phone and Email with zero results. They keep suggesting the Buyers Contact them which I relay they already have. They then say my shop seems fine so have the Buyers contact their banks. I’m unsure why someone in the Technical Team cannot troubleshoot the payment process in my shop? Do any of you know who I should be contacting? Any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
10 Replies

Re: Credit Cards Still NOT Processing in My Shop

It appears this issue still keeps popping up. There are numerous unsolved threads about this. I'm experiencing it this morning as a buyer. I'm unable to complete checkout when purchasing. I get the following error "Oh dear. There was a problem submitting your order. Please give it another shot. If you continue to have problems, please contact support." I"ve tried my bank card, my credit card, and paypal and keep getting the same error. I've cleared my cache on my laptop and made sure 3rd party cookies were allowed. I'm at my parents on their wifi  and switched to my phones wifi just in case, but this has not made a difference either. Both of my cards used are not expired, correct billing address, etc. Everything is correct on my end. Very frustrating for me as I was trying to purchase items from 3 different sellers. Also very frustrating as a seller myself, as I'm now wondering how many customers of mine are having this issue and giving up on their attempts to purchase.

2 Likes
PollyalamodeShop
Inspiration Seeker

Wow that is crazy and yes super frustrating! After weeks of reaching out to Etsy Support with ZERO resolution I shut down my Shoppe and reopened a new one which was very inconvenient. Good news, I’ve made some sales but now I feel tentative to be excited if you are experiencing this problem. C’mon Etsy, get this resolved!!

0 Likes

I am also experiencing this when I try to make a purchase and when I try to update my credit card in my billing for my shop. Etsy won’t deposit my funds (which are substantial) without a card on file. It is extremely frustrating as I’ve spent hours in the help centre, on call backs. How can a huge platform like Etsy have such an irregular glitch! I had to put my shop on vacation mode because I have sent out to many orders that I haven’t been paid for.

1 Like

Have you been able to solve this issue? The same thing is happening to me right now. I keep making sales and Etsy won't pay me because there is an issue on Etsy's side that won't accept my cc. I am making sales and they won't pay me...Please help if you have any ideas

0 Likes

@RockyMountainMinted have you tried another card?

1 Like

You need to put your cc/date in the buying section first, then it lets you add it/change it in the selling section

1 Like

Yes, I have tried both of my credit cards

0 Likes

I am also experiencing this and it is PRIME TIME for Mother's Day - beyond frustrating! Any resolution?

0 Likes

Nope, I am so frustrated. We all spend so much hard work and to have this out of our control is the worst feeling.

0 Likes

@CraftyCornishMaids Thanks, yes I had tried that multiple times. Unfortunately, I get the same error there as well

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.