Conversation with customer moved to spam

The other day I had a quick conversation with customer; she was interested in a necklace, and wanted to know if there were matching earrings, I showed her a pair, she liked them, I created a listing for them so she could add them to her cart. I didn't get an order placed from her for two days, so I checked, and our conversation was moved to the spam folder. I clicked on her profile picture, wondering if she was a scam, and when her profile came up it said I had blocked her, but I didn't block her, nor did I mark the conversation as spam. Is this an Etsy problem, or a new weird scam where they don't scam you for anything??

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
6 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Conversation with customer moved to spam

Hi, It looks like this is a glitch which has been happening to some Seller.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/REGULAR-CUSTOMER-EMAILS-SHOWING-UP-IN-SPAM-FOLDER/m-p...

Etsy seems to be trying to rein in the scammer problem (which definitely needs to be). But now other glitches have occurred. 

1 Like

I had the same this weekend.  An recent ongoing conversation with a customer randomly got moved over to my spam folder.

2 Likes
Wakaleka
Conversation Maker

Had the same thing happen.

0 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

I had that happen a few days ago.

0 Likes

Happened to me yesterday. I moved it out of spam, replied to the buyer, and the conversation automatically moved back to spam. 

0 Likes

I had multiple legitimate customer emails moved to spam.  I missed the messages and did not respond within 24 hours.  I then moved them and responded and made a large (legitimate) sale.   Etsy has now revoked my star seller status, saying that they will not count the messages as responded to because I moved them out of spam without first contacting Etsy.  WTF.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.