Twoyoungz
Inspiration Seeker

When I get new orders it always shows payment is in process and does gets confirmed many few of them

As I am observing on my ETSY seller account, many of my orders goes into processing when someone orders from my shop.

Then I receives an email from ETSY that they are still processing my order and will follow up with a confirmation email within 72 hours.

Some of those orders gets processed and confirmed but more than 70% of the orders gets cancelled.

It was happened with me for the first time in February but after that in April that became very usual.

In month of April it happened to me 7 times and all of those orders got canceled stating that the payment was not completed.

Is it a glitch in ETSY payments? Or ETSY is limiting my sales?

I hope ETSY’s backend team should look into this matter and get this issue resolved if it’s an issue. And if the ETSY is limiting my sales then it should not be like that.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: When I get new orders it always shows payment is in process and does gets confirmed many few of

This occurs when Etsy’s payment processor detects problems with a payment (usually stolen or fake credit cards), so they are, in fact, protecting you.  

1 Like
Twoyoungz
Inspiration Seeker

Re: When I get new orders it always shows payment is in process and does gets confirmed many few of

I received the same information from Etsy Help, stating that they are protecting me from suspected fraudulent transactions. However, I still have doubts because I haven't faced such issues until now. Suddenly, almost 40% of my orders are being cancelled. Even today, two of my orders got cancelled.

0 Likes

Etsy payments for India and a few other countries is different than it is for countries like the US and UK.  This may account for the delay. 

It may take longer for the payment processor to detect an issue.  If a fraudulent card was used or other issue the order is canceled, 

1 Like
HotOffHerHook
Conversation Maker

It could be your targeted market, which seems to me to probably be alot of hip-hop kids/younger adults who don't have the money for your kind of items (actually the prices if your items).  I'll betcha if these items could be made lots cheaper, you'd get more sales comin g through.

1 Like
heavyistheheart
Conversation Maker

I would not make this assumption

0 Likes
Twoyoungz
Inspiration Seeker

I have been selling high-end customized hip-hop jewelry since the beginning of my shop.

I never encountered any issues while accepting PayPal payments.

The problem arose immediately after I enrolled in Etsy Payments in India.

Even today, two of my orders have been canceled by ETSY after they had gone to the payment processing stage.

0 Likes

@Twoyoungz: Two possibilities - one is pure coincidence. The other is that Etsy's payment processor has different fraud detection algorithms than PayPal.

0 Likes

It is the nature of what you are selling - high end jewelry. 

Even if those sketchy sales did come through, they aren't covered by Etsy Seller Protection. Customers could lie and say they never received the item, file a case with Etsy and get the whole amount refunded.

0 Likes
Twoyoungz
Inspiration Seeker

Since my last response, all received orders are being confirmed immediately without any processing, and there haven't been any cancellations.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.