Verification QR code??

I received an emailed that I sold an item but want able to be processed because I needed a QR code to verify my identity. Then when I went to answer it said conversation recipient was closed

Maria 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Verification QR code??

SPAM!

1 Like
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Thats because it was a SCAM and Etsy already closed their account, you dodged a bullet, because they would have had you verify your bank acct # and your CC#, and taken you to the cleaners. Always look at suspicious messages that say they're  from Etsy in your messages and if they are not in the "From Etsy" part of your messages they are scams. Send the message to Spam.

2 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

It was a scam to get your banking details and empty your account. Mark it as spam and move on.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Hi Maria, Verification and QR Codes are some of the scams these idiots are using to steal from people.  If you were to give your financial info, they now can rip you off. Or they send malicious links for people to click on.  
When you sell an item, you will see an Alert of sorts in Orders & Shipping (Left Column of your Shop Dashboard). The money will also show in your Payment Account.  If you don't see this, you do not have a LEGITIMATE Order.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
SixPointSupplyCo
Inspiration Seeker

I got suckered into one of these and th link was to enter the bank card number. It seemed so

legit! After I clicked ‘next’ I put two and two together and realized it’s a scam. I have reported as fraud to my

credit card company and put a freeze and send a new card. Is there a risk of spyware on my

Phone now?

0 Likes

Etsy says, on every single message......

To stay protected, stay on Etsy. Never follow links to other sites, and don’t share contact, account, or financial info with anyone in Messages. Learn how to spot spam.

so don't

If etsy catches them, they disable the account, so you can't respond - mark as spam

0 Likes

Dear,

Never follow or reply  such type of Messages, mark them as SPAM. Regards 

0 Likes

I just got suckered into this scam. I gave them my cc .

0 Likes

Etsy says, on every single message......

To stay protected, stay on Etsy. Never follow links to other sites, and don’t share contact, account, or financial info with anyone in Messages. Learn how to spot spam.

so don't

If you have, then contact your card/bank immediately, cancel your card, and report it as fraud.

Depending on your terms with your bank, you may be covered.

Also run virus checks on your devices.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.