Placed on Forced Vacation - Etsy Not Responding To Verification Document Uploads

Hello all! 

I have been reading that this is a common issue but I am hoping for some individual advice.

I received an email from Etsy and on my dashboard to update/verify my business information.

I have a registered LLC and am in good standing in my state.

My personal information/ID and Federal Information has been verified.

The hiccup occurred when I mistakenly thought my Tax ID for my state was my business registration number.

The business registration number is actually my State Filing/Entity ID that I got with my LLC paperwork.

So, after not submitting the correct information (even though the correct information has NOW been submitted), Etsy hasn't responded to my message for help, nor the uploaded Annual Report document with my business information. My shop is in forced vacation mode now.

I have requested a call back from someone and received a canned, minimal support response.

I have opened a help ticket.

I have submitted the proper documents but still need to wait "2-5 days" to review (It has been 5!).

Etsy Trust and Safety has received my documents according to the automated reply, but still no answer.

I just don't know what to do ... this is really upsetting and I am giving them everything they need to correct the business verification issue but no one helps.

Can someone give me some different advice other than "open a ticket", "call support"? I feel like I need to take action and am becoming frantic with this situation I feel so helpless!

Thank you in advance!
Katie

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Placed on Forced Vacation - Etsy Not Responding To Verification Document Uploads

Have you resolved this? 

0 Likes

Re: Placed on Forced Vacation - Etsy Not Responding To Verification Document Uploads

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@vpfg2qzdsjlho1nc the OP shop is on vacation.

0 Likes

@GamerGirlGameboyMods: "... according to the automated reply ..." Every eMail from Etsy support should have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link in each reply from Etsy (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive otherwise Etsy may assume that it is resolved. You may have to do this innumerable times, before anything is done but do not give up. DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so appears to close the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile).

As an aside, you need to include the licensing information for all of the trademarked and copyrighted names and images in your shop in your listing, and that you have permission from the game developer / owner to sell mods of the game, otherwise buyers (and Etsy) may conclude they are counterfeits. And a buyer could file a not as described case against you and both get their money back and keep the item. Including the licensing information will show that you are not selling those items illegally.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.