Discount percentage changed

Jump to solution

I'm so sure I saw someone else mention this recently, but can't find the thread.

I set up a sale for one item (an overstock listing), input custom 20%, and when the sale went live it changed it to 25%.

The extra 5% isn't a huge deal for me, and I can always try to start it over and see if it does it again, but that was pretty uncool, and I think it's happened to others.

Is this a known glitch?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Re: Discount percentage changed

Jump to solution

@EatMeBoutique 

It's not a glitch, it's a stupidity and the pessimist in me says probably an Etsy money grab.  When you select a custom discount amount all is fine unless you hit the back button.  As soon as you hit back then the discount reverts to 25% and you need to reset it to the discount you want.

View solution in original post

5 Likes
5 Replies

Jump to solution

I decided to try it again, and this time it saved the 20%, but I don't know why that happened in the first place.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@EatMeBoutique 

It's not a glitch, it's a stupidity and the pessimist in me says probably an Etsy money grab.  When you select a custom discount amount all is fine unless you hit the back button.  As soon as you hit back then the discount reverts to 25% and you need to reset it to the discount you want.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Ooooohhhh that might be what I did! I do remember hitting the back button, and everything else looked the same, so it didn't occur to me to double check the percentage.

Thank you!

0 Likes
AldonaShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I observed the same and realised that I had a coupon set for Father's Day related sales for 25%.

So, all sorted

2 Likes

Jump to solution

How did you fund out about the father's day sale? Did you opt in somehow and get a notification? 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.