T366Digital
Inspiration Seeker

Can an Apple ID signed-in buyer receive Etsy message?

I have a customer who used Apple ID to place an order and recently left a negative review. I'm unsure about the comment in the review, so I reached out to this customer through the Orders & Shipping page to understand the issue better. Can this customer who used Apple ID receive my Etsy message? What is the best way to contact a customer who uses Apple ID in the order? So far I haven't received any response from this customer yet.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Can an Apple ID signed-in buyer receive Etsy message?

Yes they can, you can also find their email in the order form. Maybe send a copy of your message to their email as well

0 Likes
T366Digital
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks. Ya, I might also send a copy of my message through email. If there's still no response from this customer, I think I have no choice but to reply publicly to the review and move on. 

0 Likes

There are many buyers who use the ''Sign in with Apple user'' as their profile name.  Since they left a review (guests cannot), they do have an Etsy account and can be contacted through the messaging system.  As long as they haven't disabled the option to receive Etsy messages, they will also be notified that they received one through their regular email.  Since you don't know if they have, do as CryzalisDesigns advised.

Remember though, that buyers aren't logged into their account as often as sellers are, so give them a few more days to respond.  If they don't answer, and they may not, you can always leave a reply to the review.

1 Like
T366Digital
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for the explanation. I have better understanding about Apple ID users in Etsy now. You are right, I will wait for few more days before reply publicly to the review. Thanks.

1 Like

Every time I try to message an Apple ID customer, I don't get a reply. 
The addresses also seem very random, always a collection of letters and numbers, not an address you would create. 
Also when I message them directly, no reply.
Sadly it has led to some cancellations of orders. And even after cancelling, no responses from the buyers.
When I read the former replies in this topic, I start to wonder if it is coincidence? 

0 Likes

I have had replies from Apple ID customers and they have left reviews, so it is just like any other signed in customer

2 Likes

I routinely have customers who use the Apple sign-on and then have problems receiving the payment confirmation email from Etsy with the download, nor can they find the purchase and download in their Etsy account. Other customers using the Apple sign-on seem to manage fine.  

So there are some inconsistencies in how well this works. I end up emailing out digital files when buyers have problems, but it would be nice to know better how these alternate sign-ins (e.g. Google and FaceBook too) work.  (Etsy Help is unable to tell you- I have tried.)

1 Like
T366Digital
Inspiration Seeker

Looks like whoever uses Apple ID login into Etsy, their email address will appear as their private relay email address which is auto-created during registering Apple ID account. This is the email address built up with a bunch of alphanumeric, like what was mentioned in BloemLinen's reply above. From what I understand, any email sent to this Apple private relay email address should be auto-forwarded to the regular email address (e.g. Gmail) that they used when setting up their Apple ID account. But there may be cases where the forwarding doesn't work well or emails go to junk/spam folders. Maybe that's why some customers get the email and some do not.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.